Marina - Dress Code and Avg Age

The Boyz

We were so excited to see that Oceania was adding a brand new ship. We imediately signed up for an inaugural cruise "Footsteps of Balboa". We have sailed on the Insignia in South America, but the ship was fully chartered whiched relaxed the dress codes and helped predetermine the average age of the passenegers. We love smaller ships and feel that Country Club Attire fits our lifestyle. Can anyone provide any insight to the following.

Can Dress Jeans be worn to dinner? I am not referiing to torn, faded or wild jeans.

Shorts, swimsuits, tee shirts and flipflops accetable for daytime activities?

I have read many different comments to average age on a typical Oceania Cruise. We are 48 and 49 both retired and have friends of all ages. I ask to better understand the enerygy and activity level on board the ship. This info wont cause us to change our travel plans as we enjoy the company of all and will bring and share our own energy to any room.

We were so excited to see that Oceania was adding a brand new ship. We imediately signed up for an inaugural cruise "Footsteps of Balboa".

Come join our Roll call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1120247

Can Dress Jeans be worn to dinner? I am not referiing to torn, faded or wild jeans.

According to Oceania NO not in the GDR or specialty dining but others seem to think it is fine ...so you choose

Shorts, swimsuits, tee shirts and flipflops accetable for daytime activities?

YES

I have read many different comments to average age on a typical Oceania Cruise. We are 48 and 49 both retired and have friends of all ages. I ask to better understand the enerygy and activity level on board the ship. This info wont cause us to change our travel plans as we enjoy the company of all and will bring and share our own energy to any room.

Since the Marina has not set sail yet the demographics may be different than the R ships

Most of the cruises we have done on O the age range was 40's to 80's some younger but the majority were mid range

Lyn

I agree about not wearing jeans at dinner. We were on Nautica last spring and clothing was generally dressier at dinner in all restaurants. Nice slacks & top or pants suit or skirt & top or dress for ladies. Men did not all wear sports coats, just nice shirts.

I don't think jeans of any color or kind are appropriate for dinner in the dining rooms, and since Oceania states "no jeans", why not bring other items for dinner and wear your lovely jeans at other times or at the casual dining spots onboard?

I absolutely agree. Wearing jeans could also spoil the ambiance for others.

Archived