Ft Lauderdale Restaurants?

ohio edge

Glad to read that about Bimini Boatyard. That's where I've arranged for our Miracle Maniacs group to meet and eat on Jan. 29 for our pre-cruise dinner.

I have been there once for lunch when visiting our son who lives in the area, but I really don't remember much about it. He told me that it was a good selection for our dinner.

So, what did you especially enjoy about it when you were there ?

Hi, You should consider Grandpa's Restaurant. This is one of the restaurants featured on Guy Fieri's Food Network Show called "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". The food is excellent and the portions large. I had never seen burgers so huge. The desserts are absolutely delicious too.

IF you like German Food try the Heildelburg restaurant. The make their own breads and meats. I come from Columbus, Ohio and we have German Village which is very good, but this place was a hoot. There is a lounge lizard singer, all the oldies but goodies, but in German. I really enjoyed this experience. Lydia of Ohio

P.S. we are going to try and eat there again in March, did a google search on German food in FLL and found them right away.

http://www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com/

This is our favorite place in FLL. We eat there as many times as we can every time we are there. They are on the intercoastal and have both indoor and outdoor seating. Love catching sunsets from there. The food is great and atmosphere is so nice. 81 more days and we get to eat there again. We CRAVE this place!

Rustic Inn was also good. And don't ask me where it is..... somewhere in Ft Lauderdale.... :D

Fun place, great garlic crab legs....tables have newspaper on them and they give you mallets and bowls of crab legs, you just break them open on the table.....really fun and laid back.

We are sailing on the Miracle January 22 out of Ft Lauderdale and I was wondering if there is any recommendations for restaurants in the area. We would prefer something along the intercostal waterway if possible.

Thank You

Hey...we are on the same cruise!! Have you checked out the roll call :confused: ?? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1014619

Lots of fun people who are counting down the days!! ;)

Bimini Boatyard was wonderful. Just the restaurant you want a night before your cruise.

I have eaten there one time in my life, in 1989. I still remember how AMAZING the food was, especially the bread! Glad to hear it's still around.

It's in Hollywood...but it's worth the cab fare. You're sitting ON the water. It used to be a service station,,,very interesting place, and good food. But don't even try on a nice evening, you'll never get close. Check it out online.

Great food, great fun! And you'll be glad for the cab back to the hotel!

Peg

Jaxsons on Dania Beach Blvd, a real ice cream shop back from the 50's good burgers outstanding real ice cream

Granpas near Jaxsons real homemade American food, humungous pancakes

Lesters Diner SR84 just west of Federal HWY the last of the real diners

Rustic Inn Griifin Rd and Ravenswood Rd Dania

A little bit of a trip but if you want real Jewish Kosher Deli The Deli Den Re-opened in its new location in Pembroke Pines Pines Blvd Between Flamingo and Hiatus

Can you tell I used to live in South FLA? I miss it so much

Do you have a car? price range?

Some thoughts:

- Bimini - nice setting, good food. Not really the intercoastal, but still on water.

- 15th Street Fisheries - casual on the dock, or inside - right on the intercoastal - will definitely see boat traffic

- Blue Moon - need a car, but great seafood on the intercoastal - a little pricey, but worth it.

- Southport Bar and Grill - burgers, seafood, etc. in a marina - great bar action...cheap

- Grill 66 - high end steakhouse - pricey, but great view

- Bravo - very good Italian - same plaza as Bimini - but not on the water

- Anthony's coal Fired Pizza - South Florida pizza place (now a chain) but the original is on Federal not far from your hotel - some of the best pizza you will ever eat (and I lived in NY).

- Runway 84 - Southern Italian - don't be surprised if you see Tony Sporano's "family" at the bar

- Casa D'Angelo - on Federal about 3-4 miles north of 17th. Storefront with some of the best Italian in South Florida

- Morton's, Capital Grille, Cheesecake, etc. are all represented - but why not go with something local?

- YoLo - on Las Olas - hottest bar and resteraunt in Ft. Laud

- Johnny V's and SoLita - also on Las Olas, both places serve high end great food. (If you go to Johnny V's you must have the mushroom Panckakes.)

- For "down and dirty" - Thai 84. About 5 miles west on 84 in a run down shopping center, some of the best Thai around.

Hope that helps a little - if you are looking for something even more specific, let us know.

I'd have to second Lydia B on this one. Old Heidelberg is a great German restaurant at 900 State Road 84. We stayed at the Best Western across the street a few years back and it was an easy walk from there to the restaurant. I'm pretty sure it's not along the Intercoastal as it wasn't especially far from Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale International.

We went on a Friday night and quite enjoyed Otto and his magic accordion. I don't know if Otto is a regular entertainer but a glance at the keys of his instrument certyainly suggests it gets a lot of play time.

Blue Moon is buy one get one free for lunch every week day....makes it not so "pricey"

- Blue Moon - need a car, but great seafood on the intercoastal - a little pricey, but worth it.

Archived