Miami Rental cars

we have a late flight and were looking at renting a car for the afternoon. I am guessing the rental companies have shuttles to the airport, but is there any order to them on Dis-embarking day? We wanted to rent from the airport instead of paying the drop off fee.

Setcarp,

We're on the same cruise as you and just today, I rented from Thrifty. According to their "Terms and conditions", they'll pick you up at the Port of Miami, but you must call ahead. We rented a van for the afternoon for our group of 7. Flight home is 4:25.

Scott

Setcarp, We rented a van from Dollar at Miami airport in Dec. They have a shuttle that runs continuesly between the port of miami and the airport, just tell the porter what rental co. shuttle you and he will take you to the spot where the shuttle will pick you up. It was less than an hour from the time we got off the ship to having the keys in my hand, good luck.

We just got off the Sun. Several of the Rental Agencies have shuttles to/from the port of Miami.

I know for sure Alamo, Dollar and Herz were running shuttles. They were running the BIG, BIG busses - larger than school busses continuously probably every 15-20 minutes or so.

We had Alamo and there was no reason to call ahead for the shuttle. There was plenty of space and the driver never took names or anything just get in and go type thing.

One suggestion, have at least one person in your party sit next to the door for a quick exit at the Rental Car Terminal. The terminal building was packed and then add on top a huge bus load of more customers. The line was long and they had like 3 people working at the desk. Be first out of the bus to beat at least those riding on your bus thru the line. Leave someone else to get the luggage off the bus. The bus driver was more than helpful at getting my 5 large suitcases off the bus and I was of little help trying to attend to my two small children. A good tip goes a long way for those guys!

Don't worry about the shuttle they run continuously starting at around 8:30 am from the port.

Archived