Fairmont Waterfront

I just received (& took) a good deal from my cruiseline (HAL) for a two night stay at the Fairmont Waterfront. There really aren't a lot of reviews out there so I thought that I would ask here if anyone has every stayed there, and if so, how was your experience? Any good restaurants closeby?

Thank you for any insight :)

It`s a Fairmont so it should be getting good reviews - location is great - across the street from the terminal which you can access via underground food fair - The Aqua Viva restaurant is across the street - Steamworks and Gastown are around two blocks away - as mentioned - there is a food fair in the basement - McDonalds - Tim Horton`s, Ricky`s Urban diner to name a few.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay.

Cheers

Dennis

I just received (& took) a good deal from my cruiseline (HAL) for a two night stay at the Fairmont Waterfront. There really aren't a lot of reviews out there so I thought that I would ask here if anyone has every stayed there, and if so, how was your experience? Any good restaurants closeby?

Thank you for any insight :)

Only problem with teh Fairmont Waterfront is the distance to the cruise terminal. It's at least a 100 yard walk to cross the street. :-)

Very very nice hotel ..you might try and weasel a room with a ship view direct with the hotel as you likely won't get one of those with a straight Cruise line booking.

Location location location.

ps yes have stayed there.

Thanks for the tips about the restaurants, Urban trekker. We were thinking of going to Guu in Gastown, or perhaps another izakaya? Also on my list is 1) a good place to get oysters, maybe Rodney's Oyster House on Robson? I have reservations at Bistro 101 (because Rachel Ray went there :P) and because I want to visit Granville Island. Any other local favorites? Thanks for the help :)

Hehe @ the 100 yard walk, Scottbee ;)

And Jackpot, LeftCoastBC! That is exactly what I was wondering about! Thank you for the advice :D

Hi Tigerlily, thanks for the tip, we definitely will be taking advantage of that!

P.S. Has anyone ever been to bon chaz? (coffeeshop)

I haven't been to bon chaz but I can highly recommend Mink, which is about two blocks from the cruiseport and specializes in both chocolate and coffee, and Artigianos, which have locations all over downtown.

Viv

Archived