Best Beach Day in Freeport

Chowder_17

Hello, my husband and I (both mid 20's) are cruising the Bahamas in Dec 2011. I've been trying to do some googling, but haven't really found what I'm looking for. We would like to do some sort of beach day that doesn't have a million people at it and preferably includes lunch and alcohol, for around $60pp at the most. Is there anything like that?

If not, any other suggestions? We are not looking for a tour or shopping excursion, but something active, like hiking, or chilling at a beach or resort.

Thanks in advance!

Several years ago we found this beach doing our research and decided as a group it was a must see. We hired a taxi driver in advance and she was waiting for us when we got off the ship. She stopped at a grocery store for us on the drive out so we could buy drinks and snacks (food is a bit expensive in the grocery stores, but there is NOTHING on this beach) Click the picture below and you can see more of our day. It still remains one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to!

2564700700064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Several years ago we found this beach doing our research and decided as a group it was a must see. We hired a taxi driver in advance and she was waiting for us when we got off the ship. She stopped at a grocery store for us on the drive out so we could buy drinks and snacks (food is a bit expensive in the grocery stores, but there is NOTHING on this beach) Click the picture below and you can see more of our day. It still remains one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to!

That does look amazing. What's the name of that beach and how far is it from the port?

Gold Rock Beach, and it is at the far end of the island. It took about 1/2 hour I think. Our driver was wonderful! Her dad had died the day before, so when we arrived on the side of the road to enter the park (Lucayan National Park) she told us she had to head back to Freeport to make funeral arrangements, but not to worry, that she would be back. She walked us down to the beach (in heels!) and left us. My DH glared at me and said something like "if she does not come back we will be stranded here"......and he was right of course! But Queenie showed up early, walked back out to the beach and waited for us.....it was a perfect day!

Can you tell me how you found your cab driver and how much it cost per person, and how long did you get at the beach? Thanks so much!

If you drop me an e-mail I will give you our drivers name. Not sure she is still driving, but it is a place to start. We had about 4 hours at the beach, and I don't remember how much she charged per person, but I may have the information somewhere and will look.

foley dot gail@gmail.com

Hey there! Would love to know if you found a number for the cab driver/company you used to get to Gold Rock? We're going in March and this is pretty much what we're looking for as well.....although we're in our 40's. But a nice quiet stretch of beach that we could take our own drinks would be super. Another question...can you also get to Xanadu from this same area? Thanks for any info :)

Hey there! Would love to know if you found a number for the cab driver/company you used to get to Gold Rock? We're going in March and this is pretty much what we're looking for as well.....although we're in our 40's. But a nice quiet stretch of beach that we could take our own drinks would be super. Another question...can you also get to Xanadu from this same area? Thanks for any info :)

If you want the phone number I have (and I have no way of knowing if she is still in business) drop me an e-mail at foley dot gail @ gmail dot com

I have read that it is best to go to Gold Rock Beach at low tide, is that correct????

I was looking into a tour with Pat and Diane that would take me there, but it looks like we would be there at high tide- is it still good to go then??????

Archived