Glory Propulsion Problems

prekteacher904

Geez, you all are making me fear the passengers. "DO NOT make them mad or you will pay"........I always try to look on the bright side of a situation....but it sounds like the "others" on board would have made that hard to do. We are going on the Glory in May and though, as you say, I would never understand, since it didn't happen to me, GET OVER IT ALREADY.

I work in the hotel business so disgruntled guests are not new to me and I know they can make everyones life hell, just because theirs is.................

Just my two cents.

Do you happen to work for Carnival?

No, just someone looking for facts. You seem to have and are giving few.

I have read now that some, in addition to the $100 onboard credit, are getting an additional $150 future onboard credit. Others are getting letters that there is nothing more being offered other than the original $100 credit.

The dead horse is just around the corner.

My parents were on that cruise and have been given a $150/person for any cruise until Dec. 2006. So it is true that some are getting more than the original offer on the ship. They have their AAA travel agent working on it for them and the above offer was the first response.

They made lemonade out of lemons and still had a great time~ and as for entertainment my mom actually went down to the pursers desk just to "people watch" .

As for how Carnival "handles" problems, IMHO they are making it worse by giving out more to the passengers that are pursuing the matter. You know they will NEVER send a letter to all the passengers telling them of this offer. This is creating more unequal treatment, like letting a select few off in the first port.

What a mess!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received a communication from Carnival with regards to the Feb.19,2005 Glory problems??? I have written to Corporate Carnival and awaiting reply... some post here have written that carnival has offered an additional $150.00 compensation please advise... thanks

We had a simliar situation with RCCL one year...

We paid for our family to go to Bermuda ...it was the most expensive cruise we had taken to date...We ended up going to Nassau for 3 hours....to unload stuff and then spent 5 hours at Coco Cay.....

Been there done that twice before.....because they were cheaper cruises...

People were irate....they had a poor comidian telling jokes about it ...It was awful.

I think they gave us $100 on board credit pp and when we got home they gave those of us who wrote in $100 off next cruise...

My whole family could not go so some certificates were wasted.

Archived