Carnival Pride OV or 4K

Angelica1104

Hi everyone!

DH and I are planning our first cruise to Bermuda on the Pride in Sept '11

Asking for recommendations as to whether we should go 4K ( French door interior) cabin 4112. It is between the lifeboats but is near the first larger lifeboat or go down to the Riviera deck OV midship. I have never sailed in a 4K and I like the idea of the doors but would like some input.

Thanks!

I will go with the 4K if you can get one between the lifeboats. The sunlight, sound, and ocean breeze is something you will not get in an OV. I have never sailed on the Pride so won't comment on the OV, but on other boats the window in an OV was often streaky and dusty and you can't see anything clearly.

We didn't care for the 4K. Due to the bed position, you could barely open one door. I managed to squeeze in there to get a better cell phone signal, otherwise they were useless. The doors also didn't seal well so you got noise from outside and the open deck below and sometimes smoke if someone was down there smoking. There was a whistling sound at times too.

We happened to be on a cruise where they had to test all the lifeboats and then they did repair work a few days so there was a lot of activity on the catwalks. They were even out there on sea days. I enjoy an afternoon nap and it was impossible several days.

Archived