Ecstasy Review 1/3/11 with lots of pictures

lisaland15

Thanks for all of the positive comments!

A few more notes about pictures. I'm a scrapbooker and usually take lots of pictures.

I also end up buying a decent amount of photos taken by the ship's photographers. I know a lot of people complain about the prices (i.e. $21.99 for an 8x10), but I don't feel they're that expensive. I mean, it's not the $3.99 Sears special, but the cost of a professional photographer would be much more.

You get to take as many pictures as you want with no obligation to buy any. If everyone takes a lousy picture one night, try again. And talk about a variety of back drops--fancy, casual, sitting on a motorcycle, holding champagnes glasses, with a piano, the list goes on.

Carnival also has a release form (http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/PhotoRelease.pdf) that you can take to Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc., and make a copy for Grandpa and Grandma.

With a busy family of 4, I also find it's hard for all of us to get dressed up to take family portraits. On the cruise ship, it's much easier and a lot less everyday distractions/cancellations/postponements.

Here's a couple for over the years.

2962973020061183369S600x600Q85.jpg

2006777990061183369S600x600Q85.jpg

2248539200061183369S600x600Q85.jpg

2252944590061183369S600x600Q85.jpg

Are pictures smaller than 8x10 available?

Yes, like karenh1127 said, for the 8x10s, you have to purchase the 8x10 first, and then you can have them print smaller sizes. We did this a on large family cruise. The kids took a good photo, and I had 5x7 copies made for the grandparents to take home right then and there. Easier than taking the photo home, having Walgreens print it up, and mailing it to the East coast.

The other size photos are around 6x9 ($11.99--usually embarkation/gangway shots) and 5x7 ($9.99--w/ pirate, MDR, around the ship, etc.).

We head out later this month... I too am curious about the weather, how long at sea till it gets warm? If we sail at 4:00 when we wake the next day will it be warm???? I'm goin crazy trying to figure out what to pack..

:confused:

We just came back yesterday. It was 35 degrees in Galveston when we left. The next day was at sea and it was 55 degrees and partly cloudy all day. Very cold on the deck -- jacket needed. Freezing in the cabins all night the first night as there is no heat -- we wore layers. In Mexico, it was 75 degrees, rainy and partly cloudy. when we left Mexico, the day at sea was 65 degrees, cloudy and rainy. We wore shorts only one day -- in Mexico. The rest of the time, long pants, long sleeves. Noone, but a few kids went in the pool. People used blankets, jackets, and towels to snuggle into on the deck. The open decks were too cold. I never used sunblock and did not get a tan even.

Thanks for wishing me luck! It worked. I made it to Hobby and to the ship on time. I really enjoyed myself even if Mother Nature was unkind, and stingy with the sunshine and warmth. :)

So glad you made it! I had wondered, but figured since you didn't post back in here that you did make it. :)

Thanks, enjoyed the review and pics very much! We sail Ecstacy in October. I LOVE the Grand Suite. We've just booked an Extended AFT but I'm calling to get on the upgrade list!

WHOA! I don't know how I missed the renovation to Paradise Island! Will most def have to look again!

The extended AFT should be nice. We had a corner AFT on the Rhapsody of the Sea. It was part of a family suite/stateroom. It was nice having a private side. :D

Paradise Beach was a lot of fun. Something for everyone there.

My favorite dessert "Bitter and Blanc" (a white and dark chocolate bread pudding with a vanilla sauce that they pour on top in front of you) was served on Elegant Night. The description wasn't too exciting to the kids, but I knew once they tried it, I'd be lucky if I got one to myself. Both asked to see if it was available on other nights. Sadly, it's wasn't.

2160357280061183369S600x600Q85.jpg

I am so glad I had a chance to read your review and look at your pictures before I left. I knew I HAD to try the "Bitter & Blanc", it was wonderful. I've been dreaming of it nightly. I also thought the Spicy Pumpkin Soup was to die for.

• 2 weeks later...
We did do connecting cabins (door connecting the cabins from the inside) once when we brought my dad along (3 in one OV cabin, and 2 in another OV cabin--not very many of these). That made us feel like there was a lot of room.

Here's what the connecting cabins looked like.

2216977480061183369S600x600Q85.jpg

2128867420061183369S600x600Q85.jpg

Hope this helps!

What ship is this on? Where is the 5th bed? We'll have the same set up on our upcoming cruise :D

What ship is this on? Where is the 5th bed? We'll have the same set up on our upcoming cruise :D

These 2 pictures (Ecstasy) show the connecting door between our 2 cabins. One held 3 of us and the other held 2 of us.

I think the Fantasy class ships *can* hold 5 (they bring in a roll away/trundle bed) in a cabin (check with Carnival on that).

I enjoyed your review. I especially liked seeing the pictures of the new pool at Paradise Beach. I had heard they were building a big one. It's nice. We were just at Mr. Sancho's Beach in Cozumel Dec. 18th and their pool is tiny compared to this. Did you eat at Paradise Beach? I was wondering how the food was. We had the all you can eat and drink package at Mr. Sancho's and loved the food. Especially the fish taco's that were to die for and the shrimp nacho's. I'd like to try Paradise Beach next time for the pool. But would like to know how the food is because we like to have lunch on the beach while lounging in our chairs. Any info you have on that would be great.

I also have to be sure to try the Bitter & Blanc on my next Carnival cruise. I've been on 5 and have never tried it. But I keep hearing about it and it sounds yummy.

I enjoyed your review. I especially liked seeing the pictures of the new pool at Paradise Beach. I had heard they were building a big one. It's nice. We were just at Mr. Sancho's Beach in Cozumel Dec. 18th and their pool is tiny compared to this. Did you eat at Paradise Beach? I was wondering how the food was. We had the all you can eat and drink package at Mr. Sancho's and loved the food. Especially the fish taco's that were to die for and the shrimp nacho's. I'd like to try Paradise Beach next time for the pool. But would like to know how the food is because we like to have lunch on the beach while lounging in our chairs. Any info you have on that would be great.

I also have to be sure to try the Bitter & Blanc on my next Carnival cruise. I've been on 5 and have never tried it. But I keep hearing about it and it sounds yummy.

Here's their website http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/. On the left-hand side, is their menu (click on the pic of the sun/mermaid). I saw your fish tacos on there!

I've thought about all-inclusive places, but there are 4 of us--2 adults, a teen, and a child. We do like to drink, but we'd have to drink a lot to get our money's worth. I don't want to be stumbling down the pier, either. :-) The kids get custom fruits smoothies for $5.50. They had a special drink menu at the bar and drinks were also $5.50.

We usually get their nacho volcano supreme, salsa, guacamole, and chips. It's plenty for all of us.

We all have a good breakfast before we leave the ship and get something light once we get back on. The ship isn't in Cozumel for really that long on a time.

The pool was heated/warm. It was nicer than the Sea for this time of year. My little would have preferred to hung out here and my teen like the Sea and all of the water toys. He meet some teens from the Ukraine and enjoyed talking to them.

Hope this helps!

These 2 pictures (Ecstasy) show the connecting door between our 2 cabins. One held 3 of us and the other held 2 of us.

I think the Fantasy class ships *can* hold 5 (they bring in a roll away/trundle bed) in a cabin (check with Carnival on that).

Thanks Lisa! We'll be on the Ecstacy too, R123 & 127.

Thanks Lisa! We'll be on the Ecstacy too, R123 & 127.

Oh Jackie,

I think I misunderstood your question--the 5th bed (looking at the first pic), was in the the left hand side.

2918305490061183369S500x500Q85.jpg

Looking at the deck plans, these cabins now have balconies and the one cabin, cabin 230, only hold 2 passengers.

Oh Jackie,

I think I misunderstood your question--the 5th bed (looking at the first pic), was in the the left hand side.

2918305490061183369S500x500Q85.jpg

Looking at the deck plans, these cabins now have balconies and the one cabin, cabin 230, only hold 2 passengers.

Now I see it! The kids will be excited to see these pictures, Thanks!

Archived