4 berth outside cabin

Jo and Rob

We have booked the last 4 berth outside cabin on the Oceana and would welcome any information about storage space, the bathroom or space in the cabin. Our children are 6 and 8 and this will be the first time that our daughter has slept on a bunk bed.

We have booked the last 4 berth outside cabin on the Oceana and would welcome any information about storage space, the bathroom or space in the cabin. Our children are 6 and 8 and this will be the first time that our daughter has slept on a bunk bed.

Which cabin?

Some of the outsides are quite big as they incorporate the floor space given over to the balcony on the adjacent balcony cabins ( if this makes sense)

As for the loos on Oceana they are rather cramped, but functional

Try this link

it is for the Sea Princess which in virtually identical to Oceana

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1205337&highlight=photo+cabin+sea+princess

Cb

Which cabin?

Some of the outsides are quite big as they incorporate the floor space given over to the balcony on the adjacent balcony cabins ( if this makes sense)

As for the loos on Oceana they are rather cramped, but functional

Try this link

it is for the Sea Princess which in virtually identical to Oceana

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1205337&highlight=photo+cabin+sea+princess

Cb

F305

It is not a large cabin as it was the last one available! We are near the front of the ship on the same deck as the Atrium which should be nice.

WE have had a 4 berth on Oceana with our 2 children and they were older than your two We managed fine but hadn't know any different at that stage and it was only 7 days. As said before the bathroom is quite small but functional. Main problem is all getting to use the shower so you need to organise a rota for being ready for dinner. We managed to unpack all our clothes for a week and that was with a teenage daughter. we were also in Norway so had plenty warm, thick clothing! Suitcases we managed to put underneath the beds.

I shouldn't think you will have any problems - we would still do it with an 11 and 15 year old if the price was significantly cheaper than 2 cabins.

WE have had a 4 berth on Oceana with our 2 children and they were older than your two We managed fine but hadn't know any different at that stage and it was only 7 days. As said before the bathroom is quite small but functional. Main problem is all getting to use the shower so you need to organise a rota for being ready for dinner. We managed to unpack all our clothes for a week and that was with a teenage daughter. we were also in Norway so had plenty warm, thick clothing! Suitcases we managed to put underneath the beds.

I shouldn't think you will have any problems - we would still do it with an 11 and 15 year old if the price was significantly cheaper than 2 cabins.

Thanks Smileon. Do you have a picture of the cabin? It would be great to see it. I contacted P&O about bed rails (did the bunks have bed rails when you were on?)

Thanks Smileon. Do you have a picture of the cabin? It would be great to see it. I contacted P&O about bed rails (did the bunks have bed rails when you were on?)

about half way down there is a picture of a 4 berth outside cabin

http://www.beyondships.com/PO-Oceana-Tour-6.html

You definitely can get bed rails. If they don't have them when you arrive then ask the steward and they can sort them for you.

I can't take the credit. It's a great site put together by somebody and has loads of ship tours on there and lots of great info.

It is a great site! I keep checking whether any Azura ship tours/info have been added, but nothing yet. :)

Jo, try sending your hubby to the spa for a shower. The shower gel is provided and when he comes back all ready he can take the children off for a stroll whilst you get ready in peace.

Sue

A good idea but I don't rate my chances!

Oceana have the smallest bathrooms well its more like a downstairs loo with a shower crammed in it. We had an outside cabin.. it was for four but there was only two of us.. the steward will get the uppers beds out of the ceiling at night when you go to dinner.. and by the time you return they will be made up for you...

Jo and Rob

Sorry don't seem to have any photos of the cabin - but the picture on the beyond ships site is accurate.

Agree with Sue it is about being organised when getting ready for dinner. We "girls" used to come back and shower first and then the "boys" had theirs while hair was dried etc etc! To be honest that is the only time we recollect it being a bit of a problem.

We had 2 cabins on our last cruise and really appreciated the extra space - but that was only because the cost was only a little more than all sharing. Not sure we will be able to repeat that as we are generally only able to travel peak times due to childrens holidays and husband being a teacher!

I'm sure you'll have a great time

Jo, try sending your hubby to the spa for a shower. The shower gel is provided and when he comes back all ready .......................you get ready in peace.

Sue

My husband always does this - and there's only two of us - as he tends to go to the gym/thermal suite around 5ish.

We had a 4 berth balcony stateroom on oceana recently and was so so small it took me back to my caravanning days,it really was so small,we knew what to exxpect when arriving as someone on cruise critic had stayed in the same cabin A735 so was not so much of a shock,we were very dissapionted when we looked at a friends 2 berth inside cabin tho it was 3 times the size,luckily oceana was an amazing ship and made up for the let down.

Archived