Swapping cabins on board?

cherylwillow

Has anyone had any experience with swapping cabins once on board? The situation: My sister and her 4-year old daughter decided a week before sailing to join us on our 7-day cruise. The only cabin left was a balcony on Upper Deck, opposite side of the boat from my family (we're OV Riviera deck). My friends have an OV next to us.

My sister VERY much does not want a balcony with her daughter and would like to be near us (we both have kids). My friends would love a balcony and had chosen their OV room based on price. Both rooms have 2 people, have pre-paid gratuties, etc. My sister and my friends are both excited about the opportunity to swap -- it's a win-win.

I called Carnival to see how we can do this; they recommended we go to guest services once on board. The rep on the line wasn't able to give me a "for sure" answer if they would be willing to do this. My sister is quite nervous about having to possibly keep the balcony and I'd like to calm her nerves so she can get totally excited w/o reservations.

Once on the ship you can sleep where you want. The easiest way would be to go to the pursers desk once you board and ask for additional room keys for those two cabins. It will look just like your sail and sign card but they will punch a hole in it and it only works as a key. Then you can simply swap cabins.

Once on the ship you can sleep where you want. The easiest way would be to go to the pursers desk once you board and ask for additional room keys for those two cabins. It will look just like your sail and sign card but they will punch a hole in it and it only works as a key. Then you can simply swap cabins.

Ha! Hadn't thought that simply! I didn't know you could get just a key. So each party could use their own S&S card for dinner, charging, etc., but then use their "extra" key for access? Both of them would be comfortable with the other having access to their room...

If that's the case -- GREAT idea! Thank you!

We always switch rooms once on board. You won't have any problems. Just go to the guest services desk and switch. You don't just have to get "room Key" you can switch.

We always tell them we swap rooms because of and they give us a new room key They are use to this happening by now lol dont worry enjoy your cruise.

Has anyone had any experience with swapping cabins once on board? The situation: My sister and her 4-year old daughter decided a week before sailing to join us on our 7-day cruise. The only cabin left was a balcony on Upper Deck, opposite side of the boat from my family (we're OV Riviera deck). My friends have an OV next to us.

My sister VERY much does not want a balcony with her daughter and would like to be near us (we both have kids). My friends would love a balcony and had chosen their OV room based on price. Both rooms have 2 people, have pre-paid gratuties, etc. My sister and my friends are both excited about the opportunity to swap -- it's a win-win.

I called Carnival to see how we can do this; they recommended we go to guest services once on board. The rep on the line wasn't able to give me a "for sure" answer if they would be willing to do this. My sister is quite nervous about having to possibly keep the balcony and I'd like to calm her nerves so she can get totally excited w/o reservations.

Easy peasy. Carnival rep was right. Parties from BOTH cabins go to Guest Services. Tell them you want to switch cabins. They take your old cards and give you new ones. We even did this with a couple we had just met on the ship.

Has nothing to do with catching up to the modern family. The laws are in place to prevent parental kidnapping.

If that is the point (and sadly, I think it is...) any remarried dad (or dad with a sister or other female relative with a matching last name) can bring kids with passports through. There is no real check to see that a minor is with both true parents. Just assumptions that if the last names match you are good to go. Pretty lame really.

I'm disappointed to see that all post since the VERY helpful off-topic comment about the birth certificate/single parent travel have been removed.

Why?

Certainly not because it was off-topic -- I see that EVERYWHERE on here.

Not because a few people were debating -- that is MOST CERTAINLY all over this site.

What gives?

I'm disappointed to see that all post since the VERY helpful off-topic comment about the birth certificate/single parent travel have been removed.

Why?

Certainly not because it was off-topic -- I see that EVERYWHERE on here.

Not because a few people were debating -- that is MOST CERTAINLY all over this site.

What gives?

Thanks Cheryl...I just noticed that also. How very interesting. Hmmm, wonder if someone is actually immature enough to "report" a post that CC has to remove it. I guess if folks don't get their way in a debate they just whine long enough to "win".

Thanks Cheryl...I just noticed that also. How very interesting. Hmmm, wonder if someone is actually immature enough to "report" a post that CC has to remove it. I guess if folks don't get their way in a debate they just whine long enough to "win".

Super gross. I've seen many down-right mean and personal debates over smuggling, chair hogs, clothes in the MDR...you name it. And this very mild debate gets removed. Whatever. Ick.

Archived