Cruise fare from different states.....

CrimsonQueen

I hope I'm reading this correctly....can someone please explain why, in a way that will not make me seem like a complete blond???:o

When I go to the Carnival website to see if our price has been reduced, I do a search like I'm about to book another cruise. However, when I put in the state I'm coming from (Tennessee) it shows a reduced rate....and when I put in the state my sister is coming from (Georgia) it shows a higher rate.:eek:

Am I reading it correctly?? If you're not booking airfare through Carnival, why would the state you reside in make a difference????:confused:

Thanks, Ginny

sometimes they offer 'resident rates' - specials available to people from a certain state.

that could account for the difference.

they don't always make sense. as an example, i live in tx. but there are rarely resident rates for people who live in tx, cruising from galveston (texas)... but there may be resident rates, for people from tx, cruising from florida, for some reason. they don't often make sense, but the FL resident rates from FL ports are more frequent.

Archived