aft extended balcony dream

Toast1412

I don't mind helping you...what date are you looking at...and how many people?? I am on my computer now. and here is the link to my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1156265&highlight=carnival+dream+attempt+at+a+review&page=2

If you scroll down you can see the back of the ship and how the cabins next to the aft wrap have a larger balcony. It looks like on decks 8 and 9. I was on deck 9 and could hear noise from the lido deck above. On deck 8 it would be quieter since you would be between decks of cabins.

The best aft balconies on the Dream are the ones right next to the aft wraps. They are much larger than the others...I will try to find the link and post it in a sec....

We're actually looking at the Aft-View- Extended. Are there any real difference between decks? I saw a small difference in price of like $1.50 for Verandah and vista.

Also, are the Vista level Aft-View right below the Aft Pool? Seems like that could be loud from above?

We weren't aft but had cabin 6490 on the Dream. We LOVED it!! It is a cabin for 2 people but has a very large balcony.

I will see if I can manage to figure out how to get pictures here:

100_1371.jpg.62e5f41cfa1dd1ea3951c6a4640d888e.jpg

100_1372.jpg.004f6db67d27d343a642e741bff69bfa.jpg

100_1373.jpg.691b72e9e4b69dba55dec7a4b8fedd23.jpg

100_1374.jpg.1b0b90dcdddfa69f71331b95375a2fa2.jpg

Well the difference is what deck you are on and what are above you and below you.. You would be safer to take the aft on the verandah deck because there will still be cabins above and below you. On the vista deck you are right below the pool deck and at times hear chair scraping noises...sometimes late in the night...I have stayed there. So if the verandah deck is available and you want an aft I would take either 8468 or 8475 if there are two of you sailing.

If you look at the picture of the back of the ship on the thread I posted ...if you count down two decks from the top of the ship....and look at the first cabin to the right of the wrap around cabin that is number 8468. Yes that is an aft extended view balcony.

Well the difference is what deck you are on and what are above you and below you.. You would be safer to take the aft on the verandah deck because there will still be cabins above and below you. On the vista deck you are right below the pool deck and at times hear chair scraping noises...sometimes late in the night...I have stayed there. So if the verandah deck is available and you want an aft I would take either 8468 or 8475 if there are two of you sailing.

We are saling June 11th. Room 8468 is open. Do you know if that

room had a couch in it? What about the upper deck and thoughts on that deck?

As for the upper deck...you would be right over the burgundly lounge...I would prefer being between two decks of rooms. Also the balcony of 8468 is a good 50% bigger than that of the upper deck. I'm not sure if you took the time...but if you look into my link...at the picture under the one of the back of the ship....You will see my father drinking his coffee ...he is in room 9474...I was in 9476. The balcony with my father would be the size of the balcony in 8468. 8468 is directly below 9474. Both of our cabins had a couch...so I'm assuming yours would but not positive.

My 2 cents, it depends to me on how much you want to spend. We have stayed on Carnival and Princess ships under the dredded Lido deck. Honestly I sleep very well and most nights we are out late so noise has never been an issue for us. We have 2 cabins booked on deck 9 for the Magic 12 night Europe Med cruise this June. 9472 is an aft wrap at a 8D price, the rest of the aft wraps are cat 9C and much more expensive, we have the adjacent cabin 9468 so we will open the divider and have one big balcony!:) We also booked early saver and got very good rates.

Good luck in your decisions.

As for the upper deck...you would be right over the burgundly lounge...I would prefer being between two decks of rooms. Also the balcony of 8468 is a good 50% bigger than that of the upper deck. I'm not sure if you took the time...but if you look into my link...at the picture under the one of the back of the ship....You will see my father drinking his coffee ...he is in room 9474...I was in 9476. The balcony with my father would be the size of the balcony in 8468. 8468 is directly below 9474. Both of our cabins had a couch...so I'm assuming yours would but not positive.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry to bother you again. Looks like 8468 and 8475 are now taken.

Any other suggestions? The other rooms are open in the middle of

these tooms. Thoughts?

I'm sure 8468 is probably not taken...I looked a couple of minutes ago...sometimes when someone clicks on a cabin online it takes it out of inventory for a few minutes or so. This actually happened to me when I booked the Dream. Are you booking online or calling Carnival or a TA? If you are calling tell them what cabin you want and that you had clicked on it online and it was available. I wouldn't take one in the middle yet....

I just looked and 8468 is available for 2 people..is that what you are booking??

I'm sure 8468 is probably not taken...I looked a couple of minutes ago...sometimes when someone clicks on a cabin online it takes it out of inventory for a few minutes or so. This actually happened to me when I booked the Dream. Are you booking online or calling Carnival or a TA? If you are calling tell them what cabin you want and that you had clicked on it online and it was available. I wouldn't take one in the middle yet....

I just looked and 8468 is available for 2 people..is that what you are booking??

You are correct it's open. I'm going to take that room. Thanks again.

You're welcome...have a great cruise!!

I'm back again with another question. I saw room 6479 was open.They

call it a premium vista balcony. Would it be worth the extra $ 380.00

for this room. Thanks for all your help.

Otherwise known as an aft wrap....I am not as familiar with the wraps on the dream as other ships...they are very popular and have a very large "wrap around balcony"

Look at the picture in my thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...+review&page=2

6479 is on the opposite corner of the ship but looks like the wrap cabin to the left of the lowest deck cabin with the man standing on his balcony.

It has a huge balcony and a bit bigger room. Is it worth it is dependant on how badly you want that cabin and if you want to splurge or not?

Here is a thread discussing the wraps on the different decks on the Dream.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1078802&highlight=dream+6479

I'm back again with another question. I saw room 6479 was open.They

call it a premium vista balcony. Would it be worth the extra $ 380.00

for this room. Thanks for all your help.

We are booked in this cabin in July. It is an aft wrap - significantly larger balcony. IMO it's worth the extra $$.

(Sorry for the double - I meant to quote).

We're in 7462 B2B staring Jan 29-Feb12. When are you going? Which cabin?

We're in 7467 this coming June. We'll have friends right next door. We're curious about anything that you all can tell us or show us about these aft cabins.

Archived