aft extended balcony dream

Toast1412

I'm back again with another question. I saw room 6479 was open.They

call it a premium vista balcony. Would it be worth the extra $ 380.00

for this room. Thanks for all your help.

I have 6479 for our May 14 Western, I also had the aft wrap on the other side my first cruise. Largest balcony on the ship, you will have a couch, we were never bothered by noise from the clubs below. We loved ours!

cruise206.jpg

cruise031-1.jpg

My 2 cents, it depends to me on how much you want to spend. We have stayed on Carnival and Princess ships under the dredded Lido deck. Honestly I sleep very well and most nights we are out late so noise has never been an issue for us. We have 2 cabins booked on deck 9 for the Magic 12 night Europe Med cruise this June. 9472 is an aft wrap at a 8D price, the rest of the aft wraps are cat 9C and much more expensive, we have the adjacent cabin 9468 so we will open the divider and have one big balcony!:) We also booked early saver and got very good rates.

Good luck in your decisions.

We have booked 9472 on the Magic for March 2012. You say the balcony next door is adjacent? We didn't book that cabin---stuck our kids across the hall;)

But maybe we should reconsider..... Is there a connecting door inside??

We are booked in this cabin in July. It is an aft wrap - significantly larger balcony. IMO it's worth the extra $$.

Hello,

I was wrong about the difference. It's $ $ 720.00 more to book room

6479. Do you still think it's worht the extra money?

Hello,

All I have ever had was a wrap and they are expensive but that huge balcony is my own private peice of heaven where I can get away from everything if I so choose. I do intend on checking out the aft extended cabins and the cabins on the side ajacent to the wraps on my cruise just to see if I would be interested in them for a future cruise. I have no regrets spending the extra cash, I love the wraps and I know my DW does as well.:D

We're in 7467 this coming June. We'll have friends right next door. We're curious about anything that you all can tell us or show us about these aft cabins.

We were in this cabin and have lots of pictures of it on the Dream. Email below for a link to the pictures - I haven't had success posting them here

Great cabin - in the middle and one up from what was known on our cruise at the 6th floor aft riot deck.

People on the aft (6th) deck complained bitterly about the noise until 2am coming from the comedy club, karaoke, piano Bar, Song Lounge which all occupy the aft and corners of the ship on deck 5. You were fine if you were night owls and likely to be awake and up in the lounges yourself, but if you were 10pm early to bed people, there was a lot of complaints about noise. This didn't affect us on the 7th deck. Like the entire balcony system on the Dream, there was a total walk around the ship on the open deck on the 5 but on our particulr cruise, there was rarely people back there.

Hello,

That depends on your particular situation - $720.00 is a lot of DOD's, but I like the idea of a huge balcony with the ability to have 2 different views.

I don't mind helping you...what date are you looking at...and how many people?? I am on my computer now. and here is the link to my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1156265&highlight=carnival+dream+attempt+at+a+review&page=2

If you scroll down you can see the back of the ship and how the cabins next to the aft wrap have a larger balcony. It looks like on decks 8 and 9. I was on deck 9 and could hear noise from the lido deck above. On deck 8 it would be quieter since you would be between decks of cabins.

We are booked in cabin 9474 and chose it for the view, seclusion from foot traffic, and the huge balcony. I believe your father was in this cabin. Any idea how much noise they encountered form the lido in this cabin?

Steph7021, no there is no cabin to cabin door but like most balconies you can have them open the partition between balconies so it is kind of like a connecting room. We have done this before with our kids and love it. ps our kids are 22/19&17.

Enjoy I will write a review when we get back from our sailing.

We were in this cabin and have lots of pictures of it on the Dream. Email below for a link to the pictures - I haven't had success posting them here

Great cabin - in the middle and one up from what was known on our cruise at the 6th floor aft riot deck.

People on the aft (6th) deck complained bitterly about the noise until 2am coming from the comedy club, karaoke, piano Bar, Song Lounge which all occupy the aft and corners of the ship on deck 5. You were fine if you were night owls and likely to be awake and up in the lounges yourself, but if you were 10pm early to bed people, there was a lot of complaints about noise. This didn't affect us on the 7th deck. Like the entire balcony system on the Dream, there was a total walk around the ship on the open deck on the 5 but on our particulr cruise, there was rarely people back there.

Yes thank you so much. In fact, your pictures are the only ones I've found so far by someone who had our exact cabin. They've given me the best views I've had so far. I'm just constanly mining for different angles and more info. We're very excited.

I'm glad you confirmed our suspicions about the noise from below. We looked at the ship diagrams before choosing, and noticed that putting a layer of cabin between us and deck 5 might be a good move. Felt like deck 7 was a good balance of not being too close to what was happening up above, while getting away from what was below.

Appreciate the info.

Archived