Booking/Cancellation of excursions

cali4niacruisin

We are sailing March 19th on Constellation and trying to decide what the cancellation policies are for excursions. I have gone to Celebrity's website and the policy is a bit vague. Can you book ahead of the cruise and then cancel once on board? I think I read in another post somewhere that you can cancel up to 24 hours ahead of the excursion. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Just a curious question - when you book online ahead, you pay with a credit card charged at the time of booking. I know that if you cancel a certain number of days before the cruise, you will get a credit on your charge card (I've done that.) My question is - anyone with experience here? If you wait and cancel onboard, is your refund to your credit card or is it only a shipboard credit that you have to use (or lose)?

mii - Thanks for the quick response. Just for clarification, if I am looking at the newsletter received Monday night, it would give me a time on Tuesday that will be the deadline for cancelling excursions on booked for Wenesday? I hope this question is not too confusing! Thanks again

What newsletters are you looking at? Is it a cost to sign up for them? I am waiting til I board to book but I know I am taking a risk...Let me know. I did hear 24 hour cancellation policy somewhere...

We booked excursions on-line for the Millennium in the Mediterranean (August 2003)...Among the excursions we pre-booked was "Florence and Pisa" for Livorno...At the last minute, we decided we would rather go on the San Gimignano/Volterra "Tuscan Countryside" tour...I think the Florence tour was set to depart at 8:15 and the Tuscan tour at 8:30...I found one of the Shore Excursion crew setting up around 7:45 and asked if we could make the switch...He arranged it, no problem...and the difference in price ($24) was credited to our ship account...

For $24, I really wasn't even concerned about getting the credit...I never even mentioned it ...but the guy went ahead and took care of it anyway...

I think the typical reason for the "24 hours" is that they do sell excursions on the ship to the last minute shoppers...and they call ahead to the excursion crontractors with the exact count so they can have the right number of buses and guides ready...But, they also know if there's excess room on a tour...

They just don't want to have a bunch of folks cancel out after the call's been made...which probably forces them to compensate the contractor for the uneeded bus or guide...

Archived