OH PLEASE NOOOO! Elation propulsion problems?

zaknzoey

I'd be extremely surprised if they cancel. They may or may not reschedule or cancel ports depending on what kind of propulsion problem they're experiencing, and whether it can be fixed in the embarkation port. If not, they'll likely bring techs aboard to work on her while she's under way.

I'd be extremely surprised if they cancel. They may or may not reschedule or cancel ports depending on what kind of propulsion problem they're experiencing, and whether it can be fixed in the embarkation port. If not, they'll likely bring techs aboard to work on her while she's under way.

Exactly right. This happened to me on one of my sailings on the Inspiration... propulsion problem slowing the vessel. They worked on it while she was in Tampa and finished the repair at sea.

By the way, I know Vance Gulliksen... if he said it I'd believe it.

:)

Wll i hope tomorrow we find out if there is really a issue when the new cruise starts im hoping on our 5day we go to progresso becuse this was the reason i picked it to be able to go to CI and ive been to Cozumel 7 times so i really dont need a 5 day cruise with one stop in Cozumel ...

Chances are they wouldnt tell you .. not unless they absolutely have to. If its only 2 hours late getting in .. they wouldnt even make a issue of it formally with a hand out or anything.

"Since we are taking the same cruise in 3 weeks, I was following the Elation on www.marinetraffic.com and noticed it was very late to Cozumel and did not port in Calica..... More to come???
"

Can you tell me how to use www.marinetraffic.com? I try looking up the Elation but couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

If you type "Carnival Elation" in the search box in the upper right, it will give you the current location or the last know. I just did it again and it is still not showing up which means it is not close to any port.....The middle of the Gulf is not covered by this system. This is what I just pulled off.. it has not reported for over 1 day and 16 hours.

CARNIVAL ELATION

Edit this vessel Vessel for Sale?Vessel's Details

Ship Type: Passenger

Year Built: 1998

Length x Breadth: 261 m X 37 m

DeadWeight: 7498 t

Speed recorded (Max / Average): 18.4 / 15.8 knots

Flag: Panama [PA] PA.gif

Call Sign: 3FOC5

IMO: 9118721, MMSI: 355831000

Last Position Received

Area: Mexico Gulf

Latitude / Longitude: 20.89477˚ / -86.75177˚ (Map)

Currently in Port:

Last Known Port: PUNTA VENADO

Info Received: 1d 16h 26min 33s ago

Not Currently in Range

I called alittle while ago and I can tell that they are reading a statement given to them and won't give any details. They say, "The Elation is scheduled to sail this week with no changes to her itinerary." I tried asking several different ways if the problem has been fixed with no answer. They just repeat, "The Elation is scheduled to sail with no changes to her itinerary."

Wish I had more information like we did when we sailed the NCL years ago. It had an engine issue and they explained exactly what the issue was to ease your mind.

If anyone has more news, please post. Also, if anyone is leaving this Sat., it would be great if you could give an update.

Here's the official statement from Carnival regarding the Elation:

"On Tuesday, Jan. 11, the Carnival Elation experienced technical difficulties with its propulsion system. The ship was sailing at... a reduced speed, however, all other hotel systems were operating normal. Shipboard technicians were able to fix the problem and the Carnival Elation began sailing for Cozumel where it is expected to arrive at 10:15 a.m., roughly two hours behind schedule.

The Carnival Elation is on a 5-day cruise that departed Mobile on Jan. 10. and will visit Cozumel and Calica."

Sounds like she's good to go!!!

Good to hear its fixed because I sail in two weeks and I guess we will find out if its really fixed when the next cruise gets back

Im with you. I want to know it will stay fixed. I hope someone posts something, if embarkation is late or what is going on today.

Im with you. I want to know it will stay fixed. I hope someone posts something, if embarkation is late or what is going on today.

They wont tell you its fixed or not..they will take you out there and go in circles for 5 days.. just got off ship a few hours ago..We heard different stories from crew. A couple of guys told us they were not sure if it would be fixed. Who knows.. hope your weather is better anyway. I could have handled 5 days of circles had it at least been sunny but thats the breaks!

They wont tell you its fixed or not..they will take you out there and go in circles for 5 days.. just got off ship a few hours ago..We heard different stories from crew. A couple of guys told us they were not sure if it would be fixed. Who knows.. hope your weather is better anyway. I could have handled 5 days of circles had it at least been sunny but thats the breaks!

thank you for the report. Is it true you were slow coming back to Mobile .. and if so why if it was fixed. Im still feeling a little confused... or should I say uncertain if its really fixed. I hope our weather is better than yours was. Sorry you didnt hit weather lucky either.

thank you for the report. Is it true you were slow coming back to Mobile .. and if so why if it was fixed. Im still feeling a little confused... or should I say uncertain if its really fixed. I hope our weather is better than yours was. Sorry you didnt hit weather lucky either.

They would steam at a reduced speed as they would not be allowed back into Mobile until their scheduled arrival time and date...

Just got off the ship this morning, from the 5 day cruise.

There were no problems whatsoever with the speed. Got to Progreso and Cozumel in great time, and I think we were early to both locations.

Got back to Mobile in great time time. Was off the ship by 7:15, on the road by 7:30

Anyway, I did talk with a couple of folks that confirmed with staff on board (I did not ask the staff directly) that there was a problem, but as far as they knew, nothing wrong now.

Just reporting, because I started this thread, that all is well with Elation! :):)

Archived