Any problems with Burnt CD's?

LK0806

I am trying to chose music for while people are being seated, during the ceremony, and the reception. That will just be one heck of a ton of CD's to buy, soooo has anyone had trouble with playing burnt CD's?

Or any ideas or comments lol?

I was married on Carnival, and everyone who is Carnival will tell you that you have to have the original CD. I will tell you that I burned ALL of my music. I brought the original CD's of the ones that were most importanat to me, but never showed them, mentioned it, or gave them to anyone. The music I chose for my wedding I purchased on Itunes, and the song for my mother son dance was an itues exclussive, so I stressed over that for months. I did print off my itunes receipts and put it in the CD cases, but again, no one said anything. I am not sure if I just got lucky and had cool people, but with the days of Ipods, does anyone really purchase CD's, and are they really going to ruin your day because you brought a burnt CD??? That was how I saw things, and ended up being right.

Do what you feel best, and have a back-up plan, but I have yet to read a post where anyone could not use their burned disks. Besides, I think parts of my wedding was so successful because I had the burned disks, and therefore since the songs were in order it was fool proof.

Also, if you are using Carnival, there is a 3 song limit for the actual wedding, so you may want to talk to someone if you are wanting a song for when people are sitting, because your 3 songs will be taken already. You did not mention the cruise line, so I just wanted to mention that.

I read several posts that stated Carnival does not allow burned CD's. However, I contacted CCL myself & was told authentic music is only required if the DJ will be playing them. I restated my question just 2 make sure and I was told I can have burned CD's for the ceremony and the reception so long as the DJ option was not selected. To be on the safe side you should contact your planner.

I was told the same thing, however, my DJ played my burned CD's as well, as it was the mother/son dance that was the Itunes exculsive. Again, I am sure it depends on the DJ, and I did bring the originals of my important dance songs, and a back-up plan for the mother/son, but he played my CD with no questions asked. Its hard to know what to do, when you are told something that does not always get followed through with :( Good luck!

i just got my final call yesterday and my carnival coordinator told me it is okay to have burned CDs. she said they only tell people to have originals just so they don't have to worry about the CD working or not. but it's okay to have burned ones! (just make sure they play before you leave) :)

Archived