Traveling with a 10 month old...suggestions please!

Diva0881

We are taking our first family cruise on the Maasdam March 18th for 10 days. Our itinerary is Eastern Caribbean. We have cruised a few times before but never with a baby! Any advice from those who have done it would be wonderful!

Took our 7 month old on carnival miracle in 2004. We felt like celebs because the staff loved seeing the baby. We brought lots of powdered formula and they let us bring gallons of water on too to mix it. I'm not sure they would still allow water. We slept with him in the bed so I don't know about crib arrangements but I would talk with TA or HAL. Bring anything special for the baby as you cannot buy many baby things on board or at ports.

One of the best things I've ever used when my kids were that age and we were traveling was a back pack carrier! It's more portable than a stroller because most fold up. Try to get one with a padded leg area. And make sure they can see over it. Keep your hair in a ponytail if it's long enough or you will have a rats nest. Get the baby used to it well before you go. My first took to it like breathing, my second wasn't too excited about it at first and we had to convince her. Make it a fun game! And connect the rattles and toys with those links so they don't hit the floor. Have fun!

Archived