Teenage girl Dress Code

holiday addict

I have a similar question, but wondered what I should do for a 14 year old boy. It's very difficult to get formal/semi-formal clothing for a teenage boy. What's expected for this age group? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I presumed the dress code applied to children too, and even if it's not strictly upheld I've got my 7 year old son a suit and several shirts, ties etc for the formal and semi-formal nights.

We're looking forward to the chance to dress up and do things differently to our normal routine :D

The dress code doesn't actually apply to under 18s although most do conform to it to a certain degree. For boys, most will wear at least a shirt and tie, many a suit and some will wear a DJ.

I think the official P&O line on our recent cruise was that under 18s should wear at least smart casual - so no jeans/shorts etc on formal nights.

My youngest wears a suit and tie but my older one prefers a DJ.

You see a few really small boys in a DJ which I think looks adorable - but by no means essential.

The "prom" dresses which will be in the shops for the end of term summer balls/parties are ideal. Have a look at TK Maxx, they always have a good selection. The teenagers do dress up and they look wonderful.

Carol x

My son who is 16 will be wearing a shirt and tie and smart dress trousers , there is no need to go to the expense of full formal wear for a child (who will probs not wear it again or grow out of it very quickly) and i'm sure the above for a boy will be perfectly acceptable , however if you want to go the whole hog then that is also entirely up to yourself , as long as your kids feel comfortable in what they wear - we know how surly some (most) teens can get if they're not happy with something ;) lol

Sealegs seen plenty of kilts on a cruise and am considering one for myself this year but to be honest i haven't seen any kids wear them , not sure if my son would want to or not , again probs fear of being the odd one out might prohibit him from wearing one.

Archived