Travelling with 7 month old

PCHENG

I will be travelling soon with a 7 months old infant on Carnival, and I need advice on a couple things.

1 - With regard to canned baby food, will the dining room or room service staff heat up the contents for you?

2 - Will the service staff be able to ground the vegetables/fruits to a pulp so it's easier for the baby to swallow? To whom would you make that request, your room steward, room service, or dining room staff?

3 - I plan to bring a Baby Trend Travel LX system stroller with car seat and seat base onboard. The stroller is foldable, but it is larger than an umbrella stroller. Is it too cumbersome for the tight confines of the boat?

4 - In Nassau, I plan to take a cab to Paradise Island. I will bring the stroller, but should I bring the car seat and seat base as well and hold the base in my hand the rest of the day? Is it dangerous to hold your baby in your arm while riding a taxi in Nassau. If so, is there any means to Paradise Island that either does not require or provides a car seat? (Not the water taxi, I plan to stay past 6:00 p.m.)

I'm sure they would heat up baby food...and they will puree stuff for you. And, there are alot of things (bananas, applesauce, mashed potatoes, etc...) that won't need smushing!

The ship isn't THAT tight! The hallways are narrow, but your stroller will fit.

There's a water ferry that goes to Paradise Island...no seatbelts, so no carseat needed. Sorry...you didn't want that option!!!

The "danger level" of holding your child in a cab is the same everywhere...you never know what will happen. That said, my generation didn't even have SEATBELTS, let alone carseats...and we're still here!

Hi! We're avid cruisers, but are taking our son on his first in March at which time he'll be 10 months old. We're so excited, but already starting to plan the logistics. :)

One thing I discovered today is that the Carnival cabin doors are only 22" wide. I'd suggest you measure the widest part of your stroller to make sure it will fit. If it doesn't, just mentally prepare yourself for having to take the baby out and fold it up each time you enter your cabin. We love our stroller and overall it's very sleek. The back wheels just happen to be very wide though at 24", so we know that we'll have to fold it before entering our cabin and have already come to terms with it. I just wanted to know ahead of time so it won't be a disappointment when we arrive. Hopefully your stroller is 21" or narrower. Enjoy the little one's first cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived