Rhapsody Trolley Tour

asrubin

I have a question about this, too.

I was going to buy tickets myself online, but it says the trolley tour closes at 4:30pm. The Rhapsody doesn't get to Key West until 3pm. Not much time for tour.

So does that mean its better to take the ship's tour?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Last May, after the Rhapsody docked at 4:00 Eastern (3:00 ship time) we bought Conch Train tickets after 5PM even though the sign says they close at 4:30. Apparently they stay open to accomodate the ship passengers.

We just got back on Sunday from our cruise. We ended up taking the train tour. We did book it with the ship. When we got off the ship, we went directly to where they were boarding the trolleys and trains. We had a choice of which one we wanted. We decided to take the train because it was open and we thought we could take better pictures. The trolley is all enclosed so we would have had to take pictures through the glass. I think the tour was around 45 minutes. It was narrated and very interesting. The driver told us all from the start that she couldn't stop anywhere during the tour, so we had to take our pictures as she was moving. We got back around 5:25 and walked immediately to the sandal shop, but unfortunately, they were just closing.

epdion,

What did you think of the train tour? How long did it last? Was it worth the time and money? Did you prefer it over the trolley?

We enjoyed the train tour although it is a bit expensive. The tour guide gives lots of interesting information and points things out that you would miss on your own. As I recall, it lasted about 90 minutes. I have never been on the trolley but understand that the main difference is that you can get on and off along the route. Might be preferable if you want to explore.

Just got back from the Rhapsody also.

We took the Conch train, but did not book with RCI. We just walked to the Trolley ticket booth. They explained that the tour through the ship is an abbreviated tour that lasts about 45 minutes. For the same price, we took the regular 1 1/2 hour tour, but our tour stopped for a ten minute break (at a gift shop, naturally).

They said they'd add trains after 4:30 as needed because a couple of ships were in port that day.

We really enjoyed the tour, we got a great overview of Key West, without the walking. You get to see many restored houses and things you might not know about otherwise.

I'd highly recommend it. The only problem with Key West is that you get there so late, that shops and museums were closing, but some were staying open an hour later for the ships.

We are not "bar hoppers", so the scene on Duval street at night was not for us.

Pompein,

We sail on the Rhapsody on Sunday, will be in KW on Tuesday. If we take the train tour can we still make it in time for the sunset celebration? WE're not big bar people either and we'll have ort 2 teen daughters with us so not into that scene. Hmmm, now that I'm thinking about it, the girls might be bored on the rain for 1 1/2 hours. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to buy nice key west sandal here is a wonderful site to go to...hope it is ok to post a web site. http://www.kwsf.com/newsite/homepage.htm I have ordered some already, so I can take them with me on the trip!

Sorry to hear the stores close so earlier...I would think they would stay open longer, we are going in the summer...maybe they will!:confused: Guess we will have to shop for trinkets at the Sunset Celebration. I read they have a lot of arts and craft stuff.

Archived