Best Hotel at Port Canaveral?

I second jobrian's recommendation. On our first cruise 3 years ago, we went down 1 day early with a large group and stayed there. The kids enjoyed the pool, and I was able to sit at the outdoor bar, have a beer while watching the NCAA Basketball tourney. and watch the kids in the pool. I wished we had come down sooner to start the vacation.

I'm glad to hear good reviews about the Radisson and I am especially interested in dining suggestions in the Cape Canaveral area but the grills website mentioned above did not bring me to a restaurant site. Do you have the correct address? My family and I will be at the Radisson before our Easter cruise. Thanks for the help.

They allow you 7 days of FREE parking with a 1 nights stay. They say it's a "cruise special" but I've always gotten it with just a night's stay. I have done this 3 times in the last 5 years with no problems at all!

They also have a rewards program... http://www.goldpoints.com

YOu get points from online purchases, hotel stays or eating at TGI Fridays. I've had trouble with them getting to record the online purchases, but my Friday's visits always show up. I'm using 30,000 points for a Free night prior to our cruise in May.

Free night ($129) plus free parking ($70) = almost $200 in savings!! :)

We also go to the pier early, drop off the luggage, me and the kids, and return the van to the Radisson. Then have my DH ride over solo on the free shuttle to the pier they provide. In May, we may try the short term parking while we check in, then do the shuttle switch!

THey do have a buffett at the Radisson, but the reviews have been marginal. I am going to try Grills when we visit in May.

http://www.visitgrills.com/ (also a coupon on this site!)

THey also have a McDonalds just down the street from the Radisson, and an Italian restaurant (I think) next door. There are several good seafood places with in a few miles driving distance. There is also a Wal-mart to pick up your drinks at just over the inlet.

http://www.dcltribute.com/

Even though this is a DCL site, it has lots of info about Pt. Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. Check out the maps of Cocoa Beach. They have links to restaurants and lodging.

Good luck with your cruise!!

Jacquelyn :D

Thanks so much for the information. We stayed last year at the Doubletree and it was OK...I bid on priceline and got a really good price of $55 per room and then took the shuttle. I think we will try the Radisson this year.

What on earth would I do without you all? I am so happy I stumbled across this post today before it was buried! We are now booked at the Radisson Resort at the Port in Cape Canaveral for September! :D What a great deal!

For our family of 6, we were probably going to have to pay a minimum of $92.00/1 night and that would have put us about 2 hours away from the port. That was okay. We'd planned on driving 8 hours down on Sunday, stay all night, leave early the next morning for the ship. Add $50 for parking Monday - Friday (right?) and it put us around $142.00 for a VERY simple, modest hotel room.

The Radisson Resort offered us a 2-King Suite with tons of amenities, including a seperate bedroom with 2 king beds and a corner whirlpool in it. (The photos on their website of the room, pool, whirlpool and grounds have us drooling!) The package comes with free parking during our cruise, free shuttle to the cruise ship terminal, and 2 free breakfast buffets in the Flamingo dining room...all for a total of $196.60 due on August 26, 2005. Yes, it's a good $50 more, but it will be worth every penny. What a gorgeous resort and what fun it will be for us to stay there! (I'm also thrilled that our hotel and parking will now be paid a month in advance...one less thing to worry about. :) )

I have a question for those of you that have stayed and eaten there... If we all went to Flamingo's the next morning, we would have to pay $8.95 each for the 3 older kids. The younger one would be free, as would ourselves because of the 2 free breakfasts with the package deal. My question is, are we going to kick ourselves for spending $35 on breakfast there (by the time we add tax and tip)? (As for our tastebuds, we think Cracker Barrel is da bomb when it comes to breakfast. ;) )

THANK YOU all for your WONDERFUL, PRICELESS advice, tips, etc.! I've spent more hours today than I'd care to admit (to anyone other than you, of course!) reading here. Is there a CCAA board somewhere?! :o lol

:) Shauna

What time are your flights home? We are trying to figure out when to book our flights home from the Mariner and I am concerned how long it will take to get off the ship and get to the airport. We are Diamond members so we are usually the 2nd group called off the ship. Thx

The Radisson pool area is beautiful. Another freebie they offer is their shuttle over to Grills Restaurant and back to the hotel, so you can all have drinks with dinner. They offer the shuttle to go more places too, ask at the front desk, they may take you to shopping areas, liquor store, etc...

We did laundry at the hotel so that we had all clean clothes to take on the ship after being in Florida for a couple of days pre-cruise.

We are planning 2 days post cruise stay in Orlando. Others have posted you can do this if you desire. Our boys are 11 & 12, able to do some " baggage handling" duty!

I hope to get off the ship EARLY, have breakfast at Grills (I hear it's great also!) then get to Orlando and go to IOA/US for the day. Then Seaworld or MK the next day.

Jacquelyn :D

Archived