What new activities would you like to be added to your cruise

geocruiser

It would be interesting to have the crew demonstrate some of the many seaman's knots used for repairing and tying off lines (ropes). Even though the Azamara ships don't have sails various knots are common to all ships. I'm sure at one time the Captain and some his Officers must have learned to tie knots in basic seamanship 101.

It would be great fun to have the Senior Officers (they might be a little rusty) and guests team up and compete in a speed tying contest of various knots. The officers could be blindfolded against guests who are not. Imagine if this was scheduled after a wine tasting. lol

Ladies who knit, crochet, macrame and gentleman who fish might have the upper hand in this contest. lol

Regards,

Steve

It would be interesting to have the crew demonstrate some of the many seaman's knots used for repairing and tying off lines (ropes). Even though the Azamara ships don't have sails various knots are common to all ships. I'm sure at one time the Captain and some his Officers must have learned to tie knots in basic seamanship 101.

It would be great fun to have the Senior Officers (they might be a little rusty) and guests team up and compete in a speed tying contest of various knots. The officers could be blindfolded against guests who are not. Imagine if this was scheduled after a wine tasting. lol

Ladies who knit, crochet, macrame and gentleman who fish might have the upper hand in this contest. lol

Regards,

Steve

There are lots of women who sail who are already very good at this! We may not be ladies but we sure know alot about how to handle lines.:cool:

There are lots of women who sail who are already very good at this! We may not be ladies but we sure know alot about how to handle lines.:cool:

tgg,

You are soo right! It was not my intent to sound like a male chauvinist but I see how it could be taken that way. I know many women are excellent sailors.

Some of these knots seem pretty complicated to me as I am no sailor. My point was to encourage the non-sailors to participate as they may be quick studies. However, I may find it more difficult than it looks. lol

Regards,

Steve

tgg,

You are soo right! It was not my intent to sound like a male chauvinist but I see how it could be taken that way. I know many women are excellent sailors.

Some of these knots seem pretty complicated to me as I am no sailor. My point was to encourage the non-sailors as they may be quick studies. However, I may find it more difficult than it looks. lol

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Just kidding you a bit and going for the easy double entendre. No offense taken. I hoped the icon would convey that.

Toni

Hi Steve,

Just kidding you a bit and going for the easy double entendre. No offense taken. I hoped the icon would convey that.

Toni

tgg,

No offence taken. My wife adds that she wished she knew how to tie my tongue in a knot. lol

Regards,

Steve

Archived