A Wedding For You

Hi! Congratulations to everyone :). We are getting married on Destiny on March 18, 2011. This might be a stupid question, but I've seen a lot of people mention The Wedding Experience and nothing about A Wedding For You. They were the company that Carnival gave us information about for our flowers etc. Is anyone else using them or is it the same company? They've already handled all of our flowers and I'm just confused that I am missing something...

Thank you!

OMG!! Funny, because I registered on this site yesterday, and I saw you on the thread for 2011 brides and saw your wedding date and boat and wanted to reply to you, but it wouldn't let me until I registered!! Anyway, we are getting married on the boat :). I'm pretty sure there is another wedding that day too. It's going to be one big wedding boat! haha. What about you? Onboard or in Key West? I know you are so excited! I can't wait. Have you been working with A wedding for you? When I spoke with Patty from there she said there were 2 other weddings besides mine, one small and one with like over 100 people. Which are you? We have 40! Congratulations! We'll have to find a way to find each other and say congratulations in person :)

Hi! Yes! I have spoken to Patty a couple of times...I have about 75 guests and still have family trying to book so not sure if there will be more..:confused:

I am excited, nervous, anxious, everything! lolol

Where are you at with your planning? are you almost done? prepared?

Oh wow! That's a great turnout :). I have a lot done, but my fiance and his groomsmen still need their suits, but other than that, most of the stuff is done. Still need to pay for the flowers, cost for the extra people that will be at the reception and send in a final guest list. We're still waiting to get the marriage license sent back, so I'm trying not to freak out about that. But not a whole lot left to do! Everyone has made their payments, so that is good. I don't have that to stress about anymore. We actually had a pretty short engagement considering everything that had to be done. We got engaged in July 2010, had the cruise booked and wedding package booked by the first week in August and everyone's first deposits in to our travel agent by September 1! So the beginning months were busy, but it's been smooth sailing so I'm definitely a little nervous that something is going to blow up on me last minute. Fingers crossed!! Do you have a lot left to do? Hopefully you'll get your headcount figured out soon so you won't have to worry about that :). So exciting!

Ive decided not to stress anymore about the guest list lol..I have 75 paid for and they are my core people so I am ok if it stays right there. I still feel like I have lots to do...I'm with you with the tux's, me and FH are going to finally pick something out tomorrow. I am still trying to figure out flowers..I have 8 girls on the line so I'm thinking I'm going to go with silk flowers..buying for 8 girls will begin to get pretty pricey! lolol

We definitely have to see each other and say hello!!

Its nice to have someone who is on the same timeline!

Yes, buying for 8 could get very pricey! Another option is that you could do one single large flower for each. A friend of mine did that for her wedding and it was beautiful. Depending on what your colors are, they could find a nice big flower to go with your colors. Best of luck in the next month or so. Only 2 months away!! See you soon :)

Hey ladies, I will be getting married on the Destiny in October so while I knwo you two are busy planning and preparing and advice/suggestions/post information is greatly appreciated.

THANKS and have a fabulous wedding cruise.

Hey ladies, I will be getting married on the Destiny in October so while I knwo you two are busy planning and preparing and advice/suggestions/post information is greatly appreciated.

THANKS and have a fabulous wedding cruise.

Hi BJ84014! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm getting married in Key West and then we are cruising on the Destiny for 10 days!

I don't think if any of my advice or suggestions will be of help to you because we are having a very non-traditional beach wedding. It will just be the two of us (plus the officiant, plus the photographer), no guests or bridesmaids, etc...

How romantic! I'm terribly excited!

Anyway, Congrats and good luck with your planning!:)

Hi! Congratulations to everyone :). We are getting married on Destiny on March 18, 2011. This might be a stupid question, but I've seen a lot of people mention The Wedding Experience and nothing about A Wedding For You. They were the company that Carnival gave us information about for our flowers etc. Is anyone else using them or is it the same company? They've already handled all of our flowers and I'm just confused that I am missing something...

Thank you!

Congrats on your wedding! It's almost here!!!

I am getting married in key west as well (but in oct) and as soon as my wedding was booked i started researching things. I called a wedding for you and talked to the lady. We talked on the phone for like 30 mins (she is a TALKER!) but she sent me an email with the bouquet the ceremony comes with, and we emailed back and forth about prices on what I want to upgrade to (i sent her quite a few pictures with what i wanted and how i wanted it wrapped, and she wasn't expensive...she said about $50 for my bouquet and matching boutineer... which i didn't think was bad, considering the prices for silk bouquets!) She was awesome!

Also, she said since i was the only bride booked with her that day (so far) i can pick my time... idk if this will stick or not but i said i wanted the latest in the day i could, so i didn't have to rush to get ready. She said i could have the 2pm slot! Again, i'm not setting it in stone, i know it can change, but it was nice to have an idea!

I'm looking forward to working with them more, as all my encounters with them thusfar have been great!

BJ84014:

Congratulations! I know you are excited to get your planning underway. I guess I would tell you that I have asked SO many questions, questions to Carnival and to A Wedding For You. I have gotten so much information from the questions that I have asked. If you haven't already, go ahead and book your entertainment and your package and contact A Wedding For You for a ceremony time. Depending on how many people are getting married that same day, it could get booked quickly. I wanted as late as possible so that my guests could explore Key West in the morning for a little bit. On our wedding day, there are 2 other weddings so it's PACKED! It's going to be one big wedding cruise :). I would suggest, if you are booking through a travel agent, that you make sure that all of your guests have ALL of the information that they need to book and to make their deposits ahead of time so that they aren't bombarding you with questions. If you are flying, contact some airlines, because they will give a group rate. I know it's not much, but American gave us and our guests 5% off, but hey, 5% is 5%. I'll take it! The only thing that Carnival really decorates in the reception is the cake and ice sculpture table. If you are someone who wants a lot of decorations, bring your own and be sure to let whoever know where you want everything. I am sure that Dee and myself will have LOTS of information that may help you more once we return in March. As for now, I hope that helps a little! Congratulations, again :)

Thanks ladies, I look forward to hearing about your experience. We have the immediately family (13 rooms) booked with airfare. Invitations went out last weekend and now we are waiting to see if anyone else is going to be joining us. We are getting married while docked in Half Moon Cay (private island). My biggest concerns are currently the flowers and the actual wedding ceremony location. I want somewhere with windows and that isn't a smoking lounge (my grandmother only has one lung). I can't wait to hear all about the ship. Feel free to contact me directly at bj84014@comcast.net. THANKS!

Archived