Freedom 1/9/11

When we went into the stalls the vendors were offering trinkets if we went to get them food. They weren't standing in the street begging but would ask once you entered their stall area.

The water was pouring down, midship, deck 8...it went down other decks as well. not sure how you missed it but guess you got lucky. they cleaned it up fairly quickly but left those yellow caution signs out for a couple of days as the carpet was still damp after they vaccumed the water up.

I found the weather decent. I don't like it too hot so was glad it didn't get too hot and muggy.

I heard a "rumor" that a Carnival ship docked that day in Cayman. Tablemates met folks from a Carnival ship who claim they docked the same day we were turned away. Not sure if they were telling the truth or just messing with our tablemates..would not be happy if that were true.:(

Maybe it was on the other side of deck 8.

Grand Cayman doesn't have a dock that can handle a cruise ship. Probably just messing with you.

Hello Everyone,

I was on this ship at the same time. My husband and I thought the food was fantastic (our first cruise though). Everything was delicious!

That was to bad abuut Caymen..... guess I'll have to go again...

The coffee was okay..... my husband didn;t like it, but it still did the trick.

Was on Freedom on Dec 12 and had a fantastic time. I thought the food was great. My table mate was dissappointed only once and he was able to get his meal fixed by just mentioning it to the waiter. I think its also subjective. Some people are very picky.

Didn't have any problems with the staff, they all where very friendly and eager to please. Finding your tour guide for your scheduled excursions was a bit chaotic at times, but it worked out. At Labedee we where unable to do our parasailing due to very high winds, but we where able to book another excursion on the island and it was great. The ship was beautiful and the only time the promenade got crowded was during events. All the shows where great. I loved Ochos Rios, yes the vendors where aggressive, but we where warned ahead of time on how to handle it so it didn't bother me. They didn't get irritable or nasty if you politely said no thank you. And definitely keep you hands to yourself. If they see you reaching for something to get a closer look they almost pounce,:rolleyes: but it didn't bother me. I thought the Jamaicans where great and I loved how they didn't let anything bother them "No Problem":cool:. Grand Cayman was beautiful, but I found the beach uncomfortable. The beach chairs where on little hills, and walking into the water was uncomfortable, very rocky. Cozumel was great, we did the dolphin swim which we booked privately and we had no problem getting a cab. Overall it was the best experience I have ever had. Will definitely sail with RC again.

Archived