Anyway to predict One Day Sales

As previuos poster states , Carnival 1 day Sales are rarely the best price for your cruise.;)

ES ,Past Guest , Resident , Senior , Military are usually better.

These 1 Day Sales often offer an OBC , with a marked up cruise rate.

Book now at ES or whatever is the best rate code that you may qualify for.:rolleyes:

All the recent sales still have not been lower than ES. I dont think Carnival ever does that anymore so people will book ES. I would just look for price drops, and it's usually after final payment in my experience. My final for my March cruise was the 10th and the price has dropped $100 since then.:D

Catagory 7-A are the cheapest balconies. They say obstructed view. But the obstruction is not on your balcony but below where the tender boats are located. They have the best rates all the time.

I have already booked a Cat.7-A balcony for Oct. 30, 2011, on the Carnival Spirit which is a 5 day cruise.

Halloween cruises sell out real fast at the last minute when all of the balconies may be sold out.

Looks like you want a balcony. My advise is not to wait until the last minute or you will end up with just a window cabin.

Forget the upgrade fairy. Take control of what you really want and be happy with what you get.

Carnival does not have sales they just occasionally offer OBC and jack up thr price to offset the OBC. They think their clients are stupid I guess. Best is to book ES (if you can endure the severe penalties for changes) and watch for price drops to get OBC.

Or if you are flexible wait until 2-6 weeks from sailing as there can be some super low prices to fill the ship. Quite a few out there right now for Feb 2011 using past guest, resident, military, senior rates etc.

Thanks, all! And, here's "the REST of the story"!

I've been watching the balcony prices on this cruise for over 6 weeks...steady no change and a great price.

Two days ago, a fellow cruiser lets me know that the price has gone up $25. Not a big deal but got me ready to book. Yesterday, we ES booked the exact cabin that was recommended to me by a fellow CCer :).

And, this morning, my friend, this cruise went up an additional $100!!!! Call me a happy cruiser!

Thanks for all of your help and advice!

Archived