NCL childrens program question

Mommy oooo

We are planning on having our daughters (6&2) use the childrens program once during dinner hours. DH and I are planning on going to Cagney's one evening for dinner minus our daughters. I think I remember reading somewhere that they have a kids dinner night one night, where the staff takes the children to eat in the kids cafe. We figured this would be a great night to do Cagneys. Any one know typically which evening this is done so we can book Cagneys once on bored. Also, is this usually the same night for all the age groups since our 2 girls will be in different groups. I'm very familiar as to how RCCL operates but this is first NCL cruise with children.

I don't have the answer to your specific question, but I can give you some general information you may find helpful.

NCL kids' club is open all day. It is up to you to decide when to drop off/pick up the kids. What this means for your Cagneys dinner is that any night would be fine. Have the kids eat room service, or take them to the buffet for dinner, then drop them off and you and DH go off to dinner.

On Epic this past week, they had one night of dinner in the kids club - it happened to be the night of my birthday so our family went out to eat together (which was the Tuesday night of a Sat-Sat cruise). However, after dinner, the kids wanted to go to the club and we saw them wheeling out a HUGE cart of food (after the fact - dishes and half eaten chicken nuggets and burgers LOL). So I'm not certain, but it appeared they actually ate IN the kids club and not taken out.

What we did also was what NYTeacher said. We fed the kids dinner in the buffet and then dropped them at kids club. Then we went out for dinner.

We were on the Sun earlier this month, and the kids dinner was announced in the handout describing the kids club when the boys were signed up. They were both in the same age group so I can't tell you if there are different nights for the different age groups, I do know the teens had several dinner options. I would ask when you sign up on the first day. The other thing to consider is many parents probably have the same idea, so you may have problems getting a reservation.

We too fed DS1 (5.5 yrs) at the buffet, then dropped him off at kids club. DS2 (3 yrs) came with us for the special dinner :)

Just so you know, on the Sun the room for the 2-5 year olds was adjacent to the 6-12 yr olds (they did one big group because there were so few kids on the ship). It worked out really well.

We are planning on having our daughters (6&2) use the childrens program once during dinner hours. DH and I are planning on going to Cagney's one evening for dinner minus our daughters. I think I remember reading somewhere that they have a kids dinner night one night, where the staff takes the children to eat in the kids cafe. We figured this would be a great night to do Cagneys. Any one know typically which evening this is done so we can book Cagneys once on bored. Also, is this usually the same night for all the age groups since our 2 girls will be in different groups. I'm very familiar as to how RCCL operates but this is first NCL cruise with children.

• 2 months later...

Archived