Carnival First timer

tmunson

My fiance and I will be having our first Cruise experience on the new Carnival Magic in June in the form of our honeymoon. We will be going with the flow for most of the destinations but we are particularly interested in making the most of our time in Rome (port of call is Civitavecchia) and really want to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa (via Livorno). Are there any tips for getting ourselves there or recommendations for shore excursion companies?

Also, as this is our first cruise, any further tips will be greatly appreciated.

Tom

I always find it helpful to re-read the Carnival FAQ, and all of the information on their website before each cruise, because things do change. They have a lot of helpful information that will assist you with cruising for the first time. :)

My fiance and I will be having our first Cruise experience on the new Carnival Magic in June in the form of our honeymoon. We will be going with the flow for most of the destinations but we are particularly interested in making the most of our time in Rome (port of call is Civitavecchia) and really want to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa (via Livorno). Are there any tips for getting ourselves there or recommendations for shore excursion companies?

Also, as this is our first cruise, any further tips will be greatly appreciated.

Tom

I would check the roll call for your cruise, many times there is alot of good info on what others are planning. Also sometimes people create there own group from the board for a private tour.

Keep in mind the port of Civitavecchia is about an hour from Rome. You could take a train there or take a Carnival tour as well as just hooking up with a private tour. If this is your first time to Rome, a tour might be the easiest and best way to see as much as possible in a short period of time.

When I did a Med cruise, I took a train to Pisa from the port, with a large group. From Pisa we hopped a bus and went to Lucca for a few hours. It was my second time to Pisa, so an hour there was more than enough time for me.

As the other posted mentioned the best place for info is the Ports part of the boards.

Enjoy the cruise.

Archived