Q's for previous Dawn travelers...

KarateLois

I am sailing on the Dawn on 3/27. I've cruised 11 times but never on NCL so I have some questions. Formal nights ususally promise surf and turf or some other "formalwear" meal. If we opt not to wear formalwear on formal nights, are we excluded from the dining room with the "formalwear food?" How many restaurant options are there for dinner, not counting the ones that require a reservation and a fee? How much does cabin location matter? Any word about whether we are stopping at their Cay or not? Can I book spa appointments before I sail? Realistically, what's the earliest I can board in NYC? On Voyager outof Bayonne they said 1:00 p.m. but we arrived before 11 and were on theship by noon. What kinds of shops are aboard? Thanks

First of all remember you are on NCL- resort casual is acceptable even for the formal night. I tend to wear a suit. Formal night is not lobster night on the Dawn. No matter which dining room you eat in, the night that is lobster night you can get lobster at any of the restuarants.

There are three main no reservation restuarants Venetian, Aqua and impressions. You can go to any of these anytime(and more than once in a night if you want to).

There are two reservations no pay resturants- an Italian one and Salsa- a mexican one

There are three pay reservation restuarants. Le Bisto Tempani and Cagneys

There is a 24 hours snack bar

and there is a buffet-

Also most of the bars have various food at various time including good fish and chips and other stuff--

and yes there is 24 hour room service

Cabin locations have no bearing on the food. I don't think there is a bad room on the Dawn. Some people prefer Balcony's some a suite some higher some lower.

You can't make a spa reservation before you get on Board. You can do that once on Board. If you are in a suite the concereige will make it for you.

I have no idea about the Private Island

Gettting on depends on what time the ship gets in. If its on time 1 is ok.

Yes they have shops--ok ones with the normal cruise fare, jewlery, liquor, clothes. Not a great selection they will have sales every day of something.

Shopping on the Dawn was the one dissappointment of our entire Dawn cruise. They have one large shop with multi departments and a small one in the lobby. The selection of very limited and pricey. Cruise logo wear is limited in choice and sizes. Each night they "feature" something on tables in the lobby, watches, jewelry by the inch, perfume, etc.

Archived