Beringer White Zin

Baronent

Ripoff. If you're sailing out of FL wait until you get here to buy it. Total Wine price $4.47 for Beringer White Zin 750ml.

Beringer White Zin is about $5.99 a bottle in Chicago and mark my words, the "winos" would love to get their hands on this wine....it happens to be a great value....but I would never pay $26 for a bottle of it.....carry on your own !

being a 22 year old college student, I am quite used to buying the cheapest alcohols. my friends and i consider it a treat to buy flavored smirnoff for ~$13 instead of our usual $8 flavored burnettes. even if this wine cost around 8 a bottle, even though i've seen it for 5, paying almost 30 for it is absolute INSANITY. how can they justify that at all?? i would never pay more than $12 for burnettes let alone $30!! people who agree to pay that much are doing a disfavor to themselves. yeah you get the convenience of having it there BUT you are letting this corporation take advantage of you! screw the system and go back to your college roots. smuggle a $30 bottle of goose and laugh at them just like they'd laugh at you all the way to the bank!

DISGUSTING! I stopped drinking that sugar water when I was 15 years old! Ok, not 15, maybe 20, but you get the point. So, I am on Valor this coming Sunday and I decided to take a look at the "Bon Voyage" site. No WONDER people want to smuggle liquor onto the ships. $30 for a bottle of Beringer WHITE ZIN???!!! What is Carnival smoking! At most, that is a $4 bottle. I can understand POSSIBLY a $15 up charge, but $26? For a white zin no less? I think Carnival has a drinking problem....

This is one of the areas where they make the money. They must be selling enough of it at that price or they would lower the price accordingly.

The Beringer White Zinfandel is probably the worst wine value on the ship though...

Wow! What a bunch of wine snobs, and sailing on Carnival at that. I personally am not a big drinker, and enjoy a glass of white zin , pinot grigio or pinot noir. But seriously you ppl shouldn't be so judgemental about a what another person prefers to drink, if you don't like it, don't drink it, simple as that. If you prefer something more expensive , thats fine, that probably why you can't afford to buy it and have to smuggle on your booze!!....lol Pathetic really!

In my neck of the woods, Berringer WZ goes for around $5, the Berringer Sparkling white zin (if you can find it) goes for around $8.

Spouse used to drink it, has since moved onto Asti Spumati and Asti Moscato.

I had never seen the sparkling white zin and accidently grabbed a couple bottles when we sailed out of Long Beach! Was not a fan! The bottle we opened got poured down the sink and the second bottle that we hadn't opened was left for the steward. We ended up paying the ridiculous prices on board.

DISGUSTING! I stopped drinking that sugar water when I was 15 years old! Ok, not 15, maybe 20, but you get the point. So, I am on Valor this coming Sunday and I decided to take a look at the "Bon Voyage" site. No WONDER people want to smuggle liquor onto the ships. $30 for a bottle of Beringer WHITE ZIN???!!! What is Carnival smoking! At most, that is a $4 bottle. I can understand POSSIBLY a $15 up charge, but $26? For a white zin no less? I think Carnival has a drinking problem....

White Zin is popular with the Friends of Dorothy (gay) crowd.

It is one of the biggest rip offs Carnival offers. Not much better than Boones Farm Strawberry Hill.:D

I was quite shocked during embarkation seeing how many bottles of white zin were being brought on board as the 1 bottle per person compared to other wine options. I guess they got the best "deal" that way!

I was quite shocked during embarkation seeing how many bottles of white zin were being brought on board as the 1 bottle per person compared to other wine options. I guess they got the best "deal" that way!

Not if they are charged corkage. Imagine paying a $10 corkage fee on a $7 bottle of wine. :eek:

The way I see it, bring the best wine you can and enjoy it in the DR. Even if they do charge corkage, it is still a bargain compared to their wine list.

Archived