St. Lucia two tank dive advice

troutcatcher

Island Divers comes highly recommended on this board and they have a great package that makes perfect sense for an all day outing. However, I'd like to do a two tank dive and come back to the cruise ship. My wife doesn't dive or snorkel so I'd like to spend the afternoon with her.

Any recommendations for a half day dive excursion?

We dove with Irwin ("Papa"), who has a booth at the terminal. He is absolutely awesome and gave us the best dives of our life. We had been booked with Frogs Diving who didn't bother to let me know that we didn't have enough divers for them to come to the ship. This was after my e-mailing them three times to confirm the earlier confirmation they had given me.

We were rather upset when we didn't see anyone there to pick us up, and one of the guys helping to sell tours as passengers got off the ship asked what we needed. He first got Frogs on the phone, where we got the bad news, and then said he'll get us set up. He did, and we had two awesome dives at the base of the Pitons and it cost less than Frogs would have charged us.

Ti Kaye is awesome! I did the two tank dive package with them and my wife did the spa package. Round trip boat transfers, and lunch as well as a 50 minute massage for her and the two tank dive made it a great day. The cost for the spa package was very competitive. It was not advertised on their site but Island Divers helped me set it up when I asked them what my wife could do while I dove. They also have a cheaper snorkel / beach day package but the massage did not add much to the package price.

If we ever make it back to St Lucia on a cruise ship, we will be back at Ti Kaye!

Archived