Need advice/tips on cruising with an 8 month old

My husband and I are cruising on the Allure on March 20th with my BIL and SIL and our 8 month old baby girl. Are we crazy? :rolleyes:

We are cruising the Eastern Caribbean; Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

I have so many questions, but I don't know where to begin. Which are the kid-friendliest restaurants, shows, etc? I read somewhere that if your child is not potty trained, they cannot use ANY of the pools. So that is obviously out.

What about the ports? Do we have to take a car seat with us for cabs? If so, we would rather avoid cabs if possible. Lugging a car seat around would be a total PITA.

Are there any excursions we should look into? Does anyone have any tips/tricks to help make this easier on me? I want to look forward to this cruise, but to be honest, I am feeling very anxious about cruising with a baby. HELP! :o

There is a family cruising section on these boards where I'm sure you will find helpful hints.:)

I believe that there is a water park on the Oasis/Allure for kids in diapers.

As for the car seat - it may be a pita, but I wouldn't want to travel with my baby without securing them in a car seat. ;) So if you don't want to carry one, that limits your transportation options.

You would be much better off posting your message on the Family Cruising special interest board rather than here. The people on that board are family-friendly, and have cruised with kids before. On the Royal Caribbean board, you'll mostly find kid-haters :-)

Archived