places to stay in Tampa

golfb4cruzing

We've stayed at Mainsail Suites and Chase Suites (prefer Mainsail, but Chase was fine). Both have shuttles and (I believe) free parking during the cruise.

You will get more ideas if you look at the North American Homeports section of the boards under the Florida section.:)

Have a great cruise...we love the Legend!!

We are headed down to Tampa for Legend on 4/3. We are driving down and looking for a place to stay overnight and shuttle over to the terminal and save the 100 dollars to park for the week. Recommendations appreciated.

TIA

Hampton Inn Ybor City 5 minutes away from the port.

We always stay in Sailport but last time it was full ....

This last time we stayed at the Embassy Suites.

It was 1/4 mile to the port and on the top floors had a wonderful view

and the 3 rd floor outside pool - heated was phenominal to have breakfast on which is also included in your stay the view overall was wonderful

I posted a review on trip advisor - embassy suites downtown tampa convention center

and the 3 rd floor outside pool - heated was phenominal to have breakfast on which is also included in your stay the view overall was wonderful

I posted a review on trip advisor - embassy suites downtown tampa convention center

I was just getting ready to recommend this one! We LOVED staying at that Embassy Suites. It was close to the port & Channelside, great free evening happy hour & breakfast. There's also a trolley right outside. And the best part was looking outside & seeing the ship awaiting our arrival. I don't know about parking as we didn't drive there, and they don't have a shuttle to port, but a cab ride is quick & very reasonable. You could even walk it I suppose, but we didn't.

We are headed down to Tampa for Legend on 4/3. We are driving down and looking for a place to stay overnight and shuttle over to the terminal and save the 100 dollars to park for the week. Recommendations appreciated.

TIA

Hi TIA!

We are on the same cruise, and I was looking for the same info! Thanks for asking the question. Whatever we decide, I think we need to book soon, as it is spring break, and everything will get booked up between Atlanta and Tampa fairly quickly!

You should also check out the downtown Marriott Residence Inn. We stayed there in October. Free parking for 7 days in their private parking lot directly across the street from the hotel. Reasonable rates & free shuttle service to and from Channelside and the port, which is about 10 minutes away.

lharry

I think spring break is last week in March. That's why we took this week to go cruzin. First time on Legend. We usually go to the eastern side. We have BILs and SILs around ATL. Stay in touch. robindeka@msn.com

I hope you weren't planning to miss all the spring break kids - because all the schools in the Atlanta area are off the week we are on our cruise. We cruise with our kids each year for Spring Break. It will be a ship full of kids!

As far as a hotel, I'm really interested in how safe our vehicle will be while we are out at sea. Is the Marriott lot a secure lot? i.e. do you know if they have security patrolling the lot, or is it gate access only, etc?

Linda

We stayed at hampton Inn Ybor....got the park and ride package..very reasonable...very secure lot...free shuttle...cozy beds... great breakfast...friendly..and we walked up and down strip the night before and had a blast!!! I will be staying there again in August for our legend Cruise:) Good Luck!

Been there a few times icon14.gif , great review.

Last year when I went on the Legend, we stayed at the:

Hyatt Regency Tampa

211 North Tampa Street,

Tampa, Florida, USA 33602

Tel: +1 813 225 1234 Fax: +1 813 273 0234

It was late when we arrived and check in was a breeze. There was a huge concert going on at the stadium in that area and we saw a bunch of people that were coming and going to the concert. We thought that it was going to be a rough night but we heard nothing. In the morning there was a breakfast buffet that was included in the price. The rooms were very clean and the overall look of the hotel was impressive for the price ($85.00 w/AAA) My friend picked us up from the hotel and it was a 5 minute drive to the cruise port. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=LONG OVERDUE HONEYMOON&date=8-21-2011&text=I CAN

AUGUST 2010 ~ CARNIVAL LEGEND (1ST CRUISE EVER)

Check out the Holiday Inn Rocky Point. They have a cruise package that includes parking for the week. The package also includes a shuttle to the port, pick-up after the cruise is over and a free breakfast. The pick up from the port alone is a $25 savings. The Hampton Inn Rocky Pt and Chase Suites RP are in the same area, which appears to be a very clean and safe part of Tampa that sits on the Bay. We pd $99 for the cruise pkg at the Holiday Inn but book quicky as the hotel does fill up.

We also stayed at the Embassy Suites near the convention center in 08 and would of like to had stayed there again but the price was outrageous, we usually stay two nights before our cruise. So we ended up booking the HI Rocky Point, the total price for two nights with the cruise package was a little less then one night at the Embassy Suites. Plus there is a hug art convention going on in Ybor City and there is no way we wanted to deal with all the extra people.

Archived