Crusing with a 3 1/2 year old on Valor.

uconn95

I just made my final payment for Valor on 5/8/05. My husband and I will be sailing with our 3 year old son and would like some more information about Camp Carnival from those of you who have sailed with preschoolers.

My husband and I would like to maybe enjoy one or two shows during the week and would like to take him to the camp after dinner. Does the camp allow him to come in his PJ's ( after dinner of course)? Does it provide some type of quite place from him to lay down if he should become sleeply during the night when he is there? I have no intentions on keeping him there until 3 a.m when they close, but I was hoping it was kinda like a PJ party for the youger kids, but suitable for sleeping if he feels that he just wants to rest till we pick him up.

Thanks

Guest Time2gocruzn

From what I understand the evening babysitting is in a "slumber party type" setting. Carnivals website says that "pillows blankets and cribs are provided". They also charge you between 10p-3a.

We are cruising with a 4 y/o and almost 2 y/o so we plan on using this as well:)

Thanks so much for your reply. This is our first cruise with our son and I am just worried about taking him on this type of vacation. I want everyone to enjoy themselves, but I do not want our cabin to be become an expense timeout place that we never leave. However, we do have a balcony so it would not be that bad. I noticed that you are leaving in a couple of days, I am sure your family is very excited. Please post back and let us know your impressions of the camp.

How late do you usually leave your children at the camp at night?

By the way, where did you get your count down clock?

We have taken our son since he was 4 to Camp Carnival and he loves it. There is a place for them to rest and they have age appropriate time schedules. I have always felt safe when I left him because they have strict regulations on who checks him out.

Archived