Best Upgrade with a Guarantee Cabin

ikajus

We went from low inside to a mini-suite for $125 each on the Wind last year. We were on the Exotic Caribbean. My TA told me the cruises in the western Caribbean seem to have more upgrades.

Last June we had booked a BE Gte on the Dawn. For $100 per person, we were up-graded to the AD Romance Suite. It was GREAT! Beautiful cabin, lots of room, huge balcony, butler service (the best part), conceirge, fresh fruit and flowers, just great!

Our first cruise will begin 4/9 on the NCL Sun. We booked and paid for a BE category balcony cabin on Viking Deck. We were assigned a BC category balcony cabin on the same Viking deck. So a 2 category upgrade for $0. I'm happy with that!

Best upgrades - BE to BB on the Sun, BE to BA on the Dawn, N inside to F outside on the Sun. Most other times just inside to inside or outside to outside.

If you pay that is an upsell and a different question with different answers

On our Dawn cruise, we booked a category AG (Guaranteed Mini-Suite) and were upgraded to a category AC (Penthouse Suite). Final Cost: FREE!!!:D :D :D :D

I love those upgrades. Sometimes I like doing a guarantee...I look at is as a surprise, but I would never book a guarantee in a category I wasn't willing to accept.

Were also upgraded for free on Carnival from inside cabin to a balcony. This was our first cruise and it ruined us forever. Now we need the balcony.

I have booked a BA GTY for our Sept Alaska cruise on the Sun. Since there are no bad BA cabins I can't lose if we just remain in a BA cabin. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometime's you're the bug. Hope to be a lucky one come September.

Hi,

Not to seem naive, but how do you upgrade? Do you have to keep contacting your travel agent once you book a guarantee? Do you do it once you reach the ship? Does the cruise line just automatically do it for you? Thanks for the info.:confused:

Debs:

I don't bother either my TA nor NCL. I kinda like the surprise at the dock. Just makes the entire trip more exciting and if we happen to get a good upgrade then all the more better. Either way we win. Enjoy your trip !!!!!!!

Debsite: This is my first cruise experience, so I will tell you what happend to me. In January I booked my cruise through a very popular online travel site (we cannot mention company names on the forums). I booked the cheapest GUARANTEE category room w/balcony (category BE, Viking Deck) and would have been very satisfied to be assigned a room in that category. A week later I received my confirmation documents from online agency. On that document was the RESERVATION NUMBER that I was to use when doing the pre-registration at ncl.com

Last week I went to NCL.com and did my pre-registration. I saw that NCL had already placed me in an assigned room #. The assigned room was in a BC category cabin w/Balcony on the same deck (Viking). So I received a 2-category upgrade for free.

I didn't ask for this, it just happened.

When do you find out what cabin you're in? Is it when you receive your cruise docs or when you get to the ship? If it's with the cruise docs, do you call NCL to see if there are any other upgrades? Or, if it's when you get to the ship, how do you find out about other upgrades??? Thanks!

When do you find out what cabin you're in? Is it when you receive your cruise docs or when you get to the ship? If it's with the cruise docs, do you call NCL to see if there are any other upgrades? Or, if it's when you get to the ship, how do you find out about other upgrades??? Thanks!

Al of the above but if you check your online regstration as soon as a cabin is assigned it will show up there. Other upgrades/upsells it now seems it is don't call us we will call you.

Archived