Laundry in Bermuda

NANTCKET

Okay, nobody laugh at me please. I am going on the Majesty in August with my kids and do not want to bring a million suitcases. There are no self-service washers on board, nor do I want to pay the ship's prices to send it out. Does anybody know if there is a laundromat near St. George's, where we dock? I wrote to the Bermuda Chamber of Commerce with this question, but they never replied. Thanks, everyone!

I don't remember seeing a laundromat in St George at all. According to the internet sites I checked there are a few of them in Hamilton. The ship does offer a special fill a bag for a lower price, but it is usually towards the end of the cruise. Most of the time in Bermuda you will be wearing your shorts and swim wear which doesn't take up too much room in the suitcases.

Here is the best link I found for laudromats/Drycleaners in Bermuda:

http://www.bermudadirectory.com/Default.asp?Job=List&pID=3&nID=44&Cat1=

Enjoy your cruise......Bermuda is great!

We took our three girls 14, 13 & 9 last summer. packing for each was 2 bathing suits, 7 pairs shorts and tops, three skirts (that would match the tops from the shorts) 2 pair capris again using the same tops and two sundresses, along with the necessary underwear socks 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair water shoes and 2 pair of sandals. I used one suitcase for the three of them and one for me and DH. We also took a third that had all our extras ie. over the door holders (2) one for each room, mesh laundry bags, sunscreen, hairspray, combs ,brushes etc. Not too much luggage and plenty for everyone. Even the teens. They don't seem to change as often as they do when we are on a land vacation. We're going back again this August. By the way, I packed as much as possible on coat hangers so that when our luggage arrived all we had to do was take it out and hang it up. More time to have fun, less time unpacking.

There's a laundromaut chain in Bermuda called "Quickie Lickie" that have locations all over Bermuda, including St. Georges - but I don't know where in St. Georges it is (I don't get out there much).

Call 297-3006 or if that doesn't work try 295-3016.

Nan: I understand your wish to travel light, but really encourage you not to spend time in a laundromat when there is so much to see and enjoy in Bermuda (unless your plan was to drop off the laundry and pick it up later.) With the limited time that you have in Bermuda, it would be a shame to spend even an hour at the laundromat.

Archived