Please help with cabin choice for Golden Alaska cruise

geologygeek

Hello, we're planning an Alaskan cruise on the Golden with the in-laws. We've cruised before, but only on smaller ships - so we've got no idea what the best cabin choice would be here? We aren't really bothered about being mid-ship (the seas should be calm in the Inside Passage - right!?), close to the dining rooms, theater etc.

Do you have any ideas with regards to which cabins are good ones to snag? Ideally I guess we'd like to have two of the cheaper balcony cabins. What is the deal with those group of eight balcony cabins forward on Emerald deck (E201 - E208) - do you have a good view or does the superstructure overhang a lot? I've seen the thread on the obstructed view cabins, but to be honest to pay for one of the good ones only costs $100 less than a balcony. What's the deal with those insides aft on Aloha deck (A746-A749) - do these have a window and is that an open deck next to them? Unfortunately it appears that the BB-grade cabins that overlook the stern are all book.

Any comments, hints and tips much appreciated. Thanks.

As you can see in the first picture those Emerald deck balcony cabins have a walkway in front of them but they do have a nice large balcony. That is the balcony for cabin E207 on the right.

Those are not cat. I insides but cat. C oceanview cabins at the back of the Aloha deck and they have two small portholes instead of a large picture window. That is the deck around the aft pool inbetween those cat. C cabins which is only a half deck or storey below the Lido deck above it. See second shot for view of those portholes.

I would try for a Caribe deck cabin with an extra large balcony but those aren't the cheap ones as they are categories BA and BB or go with one of the Emerald deck balconies if you don't mind having people strolling by it's balcony.

DSC05487a.jpg.6eecc4b42e9d3ad5387b55a7a52f9fcf.jpg

DSC05593a.jpg.9c5673c980261924c12f5ec64b2aa73c.jpg

Archived