bimini breeze/powercat excursion

socialsea

we have booked the bimini breeze powercat excursion through rccl for our january 30/11 cruise on adventure of the seas. has any one taken this excursion lately. can any one elaborate on this excursion. the few posts out there have been preety vague. does any one know if you have to swim to shore? does any one know exactly what beaches are included in this excursion.any information you can supply would be appreciated. thanks in advance. p.s. i am fairly new on these boards...don't know exactly what questions to ask.

• 6 months later...
we have booked the bimini breeze powercat excursion through rccl for our january 30/11 cruise on adventure of the seas. has any one taken this excursion lately. can any one elaborate on this excursion. the few posts out there have been preety vague. does any one know if you have to swim to shore? does any one know exactly what beaches are included in this excursion.any information you can supply would be appreciated. thanks in advance. p.s. i am fairly new on these boards...don't know exactly what questions to ask.

I would love to hear your review on this excursion! We are going in January 2012 and are thinking of booking this one. Thanks! Hope you had a great time!

• 2 months later...
I would love to hear your review on this excursion! We are going in January 2012 and are thinking of booking this one. Thanks! Hope you had a great time!

Just off the Dream yesterday and we did the Powercat Excursion with 2 snorkel stops in St. Thomas on the Bimini Breeze. We booked it thru Carnival. IF that is the excursion you are referring to...we LOVED it! There were all ages & sizes and experience levels on this tour.

5 minute (easy/flat) walk from ship to Bimini Breeze. Ride out to 1st stop and snorkel around reefs...lots of fish, sting ray and sea urchins, etc. Snorkel/mask/life vest included. (vest is required but you don't have to inflate it if you don't want)

2nd stop. We snorkeled with sea turtles! There were 4 or 5 while we were there. Also there are more shallow reefs towards shore with lots of fish, sea urchins, coral, etc. Hubby went back to ship to enjoy the cold libations while I explored the reefs. Beautiful.

After you were done snorkeling they had all you could drink complimentary beer, colas & rum punch. Party time on the way back...but not so much that you wouldn't want your children to be on board. The crew were fantastic...all from the USA and loved their jobs. (not a slam on the locals. we just enjoyed talking "how did you end up in St. T from CT", etc with the US crew.)

I had bought an inexpensive Kodak underwater camera just for this excursion and I'm so glad I did. The best shots were on the shallow dive; but you can definitely see the sea turtles on the video. (No, I'm too clueless to know how to post here. :o)

I had taken my own mask and snorkel on this cruise but made the (bad) decision to not carry it with me and just use theirs. That was my only regret & the last time I'll make that mistake! Had I not known how good fitting gear is for comparison, it would have been fine. So...IF you have your own, take it. If not, don't go buy it.

We have already said that should we be back in St. Thomas, we will definitely book on the BB again; even if it is the same tour.

Stats...2 slightly overweight over 50 adults. 1 is a fish and the other isn't too keen on water activities where his feet don't touch bottom. Both felt safe at all times and both loved the experience. Sea turtles were definitely a high light.

Highly recommend. Hope this helps.

Just off the Dream yesterday and we did the Powercat Excursion with 2 snorkel stops in St. Thomas on the Bimini Breeze. We booked it thru Carnival. IF that is the excursion you are referring to...we LOVED it! There were all ages & sizes and experience levels on this tour.

5 minute (easy/flat) walk from ship to Bimini Breeze. Ride out to 1st stop and snorkel around reefs...lots of fish, sting ray and sea urchins, etc. Snorkel/mask/life vest included. (vest is required but you don't have to inflate it if you don't want)

2nd stop. We snorkeled with sea turtles! There were 4 or 5 while we were there. Also there are more shallow reefs towards shore with lots of fish, sea urchins, coral, etc. Hubby went back to ship to enjoy the cold libations while I explored the reefs. Beautiful.

After you were done snorkeling they had all you could drink complimentary beer, colas & rum punch. Party time on the way back...but not so much that you wouldn't want your children to be on board. The crew were fantastic...all from the USA and loved their jobs. (not a slam on the locals. we just enjoyed talking "how did you end up in St. T from CT", etc with the US crew.)

I had bought an inexpensive Kodak underwater camera just for this excursion and I'm so glad I did. The best shots were on the shallow dive; but you can definitely see the sea turtles on the video. (No, I'm too clueless to know how to post here. :o)

I had taken my own mask and snorkel on this cruise but made the (bad) decision to not carry it with me and just use theirs. That was my only regret & the last time I'll make that mistake! Had I not known how good fitting gear is for comparison, it would have been fine. So...IF you have your own, take it. If not, don't go buy it.

We have already said that should we be back in St. Thomas, we will definitely book on the BB again; even if it is the same tour.

Stats...2 slightly overweight over 50 adults. 1 is a fish and the other isn't too keen on water activities where his feet don't touch bottom. Both felt safe at all times and both loved the experience. Sea turtles were definitely a high light.

Highly recommend. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info... Bummer about the life jacket! That would annoy me... especially since I like to dive down while I am snorkeling. :(

• 5 months later...

To add to this already stellar review, we just went on this excursion through Carnival on May 1st. The crew was beyond awesome. We had a small group on board, since it was just our 1 ship in that day. The life jacket did not hinder my husbands ability to dive down. He just didn't have it inflated. At that point it was just basically a piece of fabric around his neck, in case he needed it. We had 4 kids and 4 adults, and the crew was fantastic with the kids. The lady came out and pointed stuff out in the water to everyone. My 6 year old wouldnt leave her side, and she did not mind one bit. On the way back from the trip, they let all of the kids have a turn steering the boat, and they also got to bring the line back on board. They had so much fun. The adults all enjoyed the rum drinks on the way back. FYI, the boat has been renamed the Virgin Breeze by its owner. Same boat, different name.

• 1 year later...

Archived