Need info on Hawaii car rentals

furluvcats

There used to be a very informative post on info about where specifically to rent a car and from whom at each port. I pulled uup my old rental receipts but seem to be missing one...can anyone please chime in on which rental car companies to use at each port...thanks!

Hilo, Hawaii

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Honolulu, Hawaii

7:00 AM

11:00 PM

Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Maui (Lahaina), Hawaii

7:00 AM

6:00 PM

These are the South Pacific Islands (like Tahiti, Samoa, etc.) threads. Try looking on the Hawaii board also listed in the Ports of Call section here. You will find LOTS of information. We always use Thrifty and joined their Blue Chip plan (free). We have had good luck with them on all the islands. Hope this helps.

These are the South Pacific Islands (like Tahiti, Samoa, etc.) threads. Try looking on the Hawaii board also listed in the Ports of Call section here. You will find LOTS of information. We always use Thrifty and joined their Blue Chip plan (free). We have had good luck with them on all the islands. Hope this helps.

I agree with Bucky. We used Thrifty on our cruise there in 2007, joined Blue Chip and that worked great. For our Tahiti-Hawaii cruise this month we have reserved a vehicle in each of the islands with Thrifty except Maui, where they don't have an agency in Lahaina, but they recommend Dollar there. You can make all the reservations online. Most ports Thrifty picks you up at the port in a courtesy van.

Archived