Children's welcome pack?

Jo and Rob

I've been looking at the P&O website and it talks about a helium balloon, jelly babies and children's bedlinen for children between 2 and 12. I have never come across this before on cruise critic and wondered what your experience is. Is this new? Has the bed linen got cartoons on it?

many thanks

My child had children's linen... it was one of mothercare's line (he's 2) -- not cartoons more applique animals --

He had a welcome pack that had a bag with a fish puppet, a hat and, I think, some jelly sweets...

HTH

Bx

We had children's duvet covers for my son (blue with fish or spacemen on, something like that). On Ventura in April they were given a little rucksack with a few bits in by the kids clubs, however, they weren't given anything when we were on Azura in August.

Hi

On our last cruise in April on Ventura - our daughter got a pink quilt cover with dolphins on it. We also got a balloon and jelly sweets. Not had this before but we were in a suite so I'm not sure if this is why!!!!!

On our previous cruise we did not get this,( in a balcony cabin) however on both occasions we did get a rucksack with a hat and toy from the kid's club.

Sue

We are on Azura in a couple of weeks with our son aged 10 and twin daughters aged 7 so I can report and let you know if we get anything special for the kids!

Yes please as the website suggests that this is something all children get. It took me a while to find it again, but here it is:

"What facilities are in my inside / outside stateroom?

Standard facilities in all staterooms include: Two lower beds convertible to a king size bed, en-suite bathroom (may be shower only), daily steward service, TV, radio and telephone, hairdryer, refrigerator, safe, tea & coffee making facilities, air conditioning, vanity writing desk, stationery, chair, wardrobe with hangers and drawer space, mineral water and a luxurious pamper pack upon arrival. (Please note, there may be some exceptions and differences between ships.)

If you are travelling with children between the age of 2 and 12, each child will have a helium balloon, bag of jelly beans and special bedding "

I found this in the "How can we help?" section of the P&O website under staterooms. As it doesn't mention particular ships I would imagine that this should now be standard.

:eek: luxury pamper pack,where was ours i demand a full refund lol,maybe different ships have different policies bur there was no extras for us or the 2 little ones aged 8 yrs and 14 months.

Did your 8 year old use the kids club? What did you think? Did he get any goodies there? On Costa our children earnt Squok money for particpating and winning activities and then on the penultimate night they swapped their money for money bag/purses, baseball caps, stickers etc. On Royal Caribbean they got a free lanyard on Indy and a goodie bag on the Allure which was a rucksack full of things including an Adventure Ocean towel!

I like the idea on different bedding. Did your children have different bedding on Oceana? (That is the ship we will be sailing on)

It was my daughter who was 8 and she never came out of the kids club without protest she loved it there and the staff were great kev is the team leader for that age hes a great guy say hello for me the kids were constantly entertained,everywhere they go they sing a song as loud as they can i loved seeing the stuck up sad people turning their noses up at the kids(how sad).The bedding onboard oceana was all the same in our room and the same in a friends.

:eek: luxury pamper pack,where was ours i demand a full refund lol,maybe different ships have different policies bur there was no extras for us or the 2 little ones aged 8 yrs and 14 months.

I'm sure a free cruise to make up for it is in the post for you johnny t. :D

Our 2 year old had some kids bed linen pinelephants I think but that's it. No sweets, balloons or bag from kids club. This was on Ventura last October

It sounds to me like the kids freebies stopped sometime last year. Thinking about it there was a balloon and some sweets waiting for us on Ventura in April, but nothing for the kids in August on Ventura. To be honest it isn't that much of a loss though and we weren't bothered.

They definitely need to update some bits of their website. I remember there being a really long thread on this site (I think) last year about whether one of the pools on Ventura was a children's pool because the website said it was but the brochure and people who had travelled on Ventura said differently.

The kids will love the club and I am sure they'll soon identify my son on Oceana (the one that never stops talking...). :D

Beggars cant be choosers:) well at least its not a long journey to the ship,and one would require a suite if available:) also which direction are we travelling im not good with choppy waters and if we have to go across the BOB (basin of bilsborrow)ill need my sickness patches.

The ship's Penthouse has been reserved (as seen in attached pic) for your ultimate comfort and relaxation, as has your luxury Morecambe overnight stay with free slot machine and dodgems spend on the front.

Kids pamper pack includes tadpole nets, Morcambe rock and waterproof bedding lol!

106996221.FbfewKah.GuamNov08413.jpg.aad1fec12b6df704b582543dbd4bf063.jpg

FREE CRUISE U2 CRUISER oh go on i accept tell me when and where ill be there;)

We did win a free cruise on the Allure of the Seas before the official launch. Free Virgin flights to Miami and then 5 nights on the Allure where everything was complementary including all the drinks!

Archived