Help..maybe switching to Costa Maya and we want to dive

divinmule

So with all the Belize fiasco it looks like we maybe stopping at Costa Maya on our Legend cruise the first week in Feb.

We are Looking for some current advice and recommendations on dive operators in that area that are cruise ship friendly and convenient to the port. And of course take you to some great diving destinations. ;)

I have done a search and gotten quite a few names...but since the links are a bit old... I figured I would see if I could get any current recommendations from my CC resources.

Thanks so much

I don't know what I would do without these boards!!!!

So with all the Belize fiasco it looks like we maybe stopping at Costa Maya on our Legend cruise the first week in Feb.

We are Looking for some current advice and recommendations on dive operators in that area that are cruise ship friendly and convenient to the port. And of course take you to some great diving destinations. ;)

I have done a search and gotten quite a few names...but since the links are a bit old... I figured I would see if I could get any current recommendations from my CC resources.

Thanks so much

I don't know what I would do without these boards!!!!

We've been to Maya Chan several times and everytime at least one of the guest went out for a 1 or 2 tank dive with lunch in between. They were excited by the variety of all they saw. The non divers were able to make due at a private beach with an open bar and a steady supply of homemade chips and dip, while a fantastic lunch is being prepared. If this like it might work for you drop them a e-mail and they'll tell you if they can set it up. http://www.costamayabeachresort.com/

We've been to Maya Chan several times and everytime at least one of the guest went out for a 1 or 2 tank dive with lunch in between. They were excited by the variety of all they saw. The non divers were able to make due at a private beach with an open bar and a steady supply of homemade chips and dip, while a fantastic lunch is being prepared. If this like it might work for you drop them a e-mail and they'll tell you if they can set it up. http://www.costamayabeachresort.com/

Do they have a day rate?

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to check out Maya Palms which is south of Costa Maya. It is a small divers resort south of Costa Maya. They offer a day package with lunch and a reduced rate for any non-divers who just want to enjoy the beach and pool and so on. They have on site dive boats and I have heard the diving is supposed to be very good. It is run by the owners of the Bonne Terre Mine in Missouri. Just do a google search for Maya Palms or Bonne Terre mine and they will have a link to Maya Palms on there site.

I booked a day with them on a cruise several years ago but Costa Maya was pretty well wiped out by a Hurricane and they could not take in cruise ships for at least a year so our port was canceled so never got the chance to check them out personally.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Contact Selma at Nomad divers. She takes only 6 divers max. My wife and I were her only customers on our day at Costa Maya. She knows the reefs and the best dive spots. We seen plenty of fish, turtles, 6 lobsters. A great day. Nothing like having your own personal tour guide.

Archived