Need help for Cabo, No mazatlan for wonder

misand

Wonder is now visiting Cabo twice, any good suggestions on excursions would be appreciated! We would love to do a AI at least one day! Suggestions please!:eek:

The only AIs near Cabo are the 2 Riu properties which are about 2 miles from town and $100/pp!!!! You can head to Medano beach and sit at one of the many beach bar/restaurants and have lunch and drinks for way cheaper and have way better food.

This is exactly the type of thing we want to do our first day there...can we just grab a taxi and ask them to take us there- or is it acces only by water taxi?

Thanks!!

If you mean the beach, you can get there by regular taxi ($10) or water taxi ($3/pp). :)

How do we get to the water taxis from the port area in Cabo? Are they right there? We were planning on doing Stone Island in Mazatlan, so now would like to do a beach day in Cabo one of the days we are there.

I'm A little disappointed we won't make it to Stone Island!

After you exit the dock at Cabo, you will see many people there with signs selling tours. Just tell them where you want to go and agree on a price. You can either go directly to Medano beach or take a trip to the arch then have them take you to Medano.

Great, thanks! Is there a particular area of Medano Beach we should head for? A particular restaurant? We will have 4 kids in tow aged 6 - 13.

That is sort of a personal choice. You may not like the rowdy places with the kids in tow, so some of the places a little further down the beach may suit you better than places like the Office. If Househunter is on here, he is the expert on Cabo and can give you better ideas than I can.

As info -- The water taxi directly to Medano should cost two to three dollars per person and if you go to the arch, then to Medano , the cost should range from seven to ten dollars per person. You have some bargaining power with a group of six.

How do we get to the water taxis from the port area in Cabo? Are they right there? We were planning on doing Stone Island in Mazatlan, so now would like to do a beach day in Cabo one of the days we are there.

I'm A little disappointed we won't make it to Stone Island!

Me too we were going to Stone Island!

That is sort of a personal choice. You may not like the rowdy places with the kids in tow, so some of the places a little further down the beach may suit you better than places like the Office. If Househunter is on here, he is the expert on Cabo and can give you better ideas than I can.

As info -- The water taxi directly to Medano should cost two to three dollars per person and if you go to the arch, then to Medano , the cost should range from seven to ten dollars per person. You have some bargaining power with a group of six.

I am a "she"! :) With kids, I would head for Medano Beach Club, Sandbar or Tabascos. Stay away from Billygans and Mango Deck.

This is exactly the type of thing we want to do our first day there...can we just grab a taxi and ask them to take us there- or is it acces only by water taxi?

Thanks!!

If you want to immediately grab a cab and dont want to walk down the long marina boardwalk look to your left as you walk off the pier you land on, there is a market right there, find the edge of the building and walk to the front (streetside) of the building and you will find cabs there...otherwise its easy to just start walking down the boardwalk following everyone else (kind of like the herd mentality which I did the first 2 times) and then you have to walk a long way before finding a cab....

Can anyone please tell me the differences and likes/dislikes of snorkeling at Chileno Bay vs Santa Maria?? I have heard they have a bigger problem with jellyfish at Santa Maria?? Would you feel comfortable booking this excursion outside of the ship? Thanks!!

Archived