Bringing my own

LadyCFP

This just occured to me- although it is provided, and I am sure sanitized in some manner, I do not want to use anyone else's snorkel equipment. In addition to the mask covering your eyes and nose, the mouthpiece- :eek: well, you get the idea. Our Sam's Club has a nicely packaged (complete with fins and a carry bag) snorkel set for $25 kids and $40 adults, and my sister found just the mask and mouthpiece at Wal-Mart for $20. Hope this helps someone.

Just make sure you try them out to make sure the masks have a good fit. Everyone's face is different and masks are not "one type fit all". It's great if you can wear the $20 or $40 sets. We went through a lot of masks before finding ones that fit. 4 people in our family.......4 different brands of masks. A leaking mask is no fun!

The masks provided on excursions or rented are usually of good quality, even though they might not look new. One of my sons used masks provided on our excursions over his own mask because they fit better on his face. As far as the snorkel, agree with Zydeco about buying your own.

Don't get too grossed out about things.......there are a lot of germs out there....did you see the special last week on TV about what they found in cruise cabins (same findings as hotel rooms). :eek:

Archived