Cruise Director

JoshMO

Hi all,

I recently returned from the January 9 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Pearl. It was a GREAT trip! Everything was perfect (minus the somewhat cloudy and windy weather and I feel Norwegian has cut back on the quality of their food).

I particularly enjoyed the entertainment, activities, and nightlife. Our Cruise Director, Andy S., was great...and I think he helped a lot of guests have a lot of fun on the cruise. I sailed last year on the Sky and don't remember the CD having any impact on the cruise.

So, I have a couple of questions related to the cruise director.

- How involved is the cruise director in planning onboard activities? Is it solely his responsibility or are the activities/shows/etc for all ships basically the same and handled by corporate folks in Miami?

- Can I expect the same quality of entertainment, activities, and nightlife on other NCL ships?

- The Jan 9 cruise seemed to have a lot of mid-20 year-olds (I'm 26) on board which made nightlife a lot more enjoyable. Is this normal for most cruises or could that have been primarily because the cruise was during college break?

I ask, because I want to plan another trip late this year or early next with a bunch of friends, but I want some reassurances that it will be just as good of time (if we go on the Pearl) or a reasurance that if we go on another cruise line we'll have a good time. Particularly with people our age after 10 PM.

Thanks.

if you sailed the sky last yr.. CD may have been Matt Baker I was on the sky last march and he was our Cruise Director.. Sorda looks like austin powers.. was great! Im sure NCL has a set thing they wanna do Put its the CD job to make it happen and be sucessful.. Every CD is prolly different and has there own way to do it.. But there main job is For everybody to have a Goood Timme.. I will be sailing the sun in march Hope we have a great Cruise director!

- How involved is the cruise director in planning onboard activities?
Very. Despite what some CC members seem to think, every week is different in some respects, and the CD is ultimately responsible for making sure that all the entertainment happens in the right place at the right time, wherever and whenever that may be that particular week. The shiny, fun persona that some have is an added bonus when you come across it.

Archived