Extended Aft Balcony Dividers???

Crusingmomma

I have read a lot about whether or not Extended Aft Balcony Dividers can be removed for the duration of the cruise...What actually is the truth? We are cruising on the Carnival Freedom soon and another couple is right next to us and we would like to know how we can remove the partition/divider so we have one large balcony?

Our Cruise Sales Consultant sent this email when asked by me about the connecting balconies:

"I just spoke with Carnival and the representative advised me that your cabins would have inter-connecting balconies."

True or not?

Thanks!

The "opening of connecting balconies" debate is for the Spirit class (of which Freedom is not). Carnival's website leaves out all Spirit class ships being able to have the dividers open. However, some are coming back and saying they had their's open.

Conquest class should still have dividers opened, but not all of them open. Some open and cover the next cabin's door or window. We'd need to know your cabin numbers to look. (Not that I'm advocating the posting of cabins numbers on the internet.)

The Carnival rep says yours opens. I'd wait til I got on the ship to know for sure.

ETA: How to do it?? Go to the purser's desk when you board and request it. One person from each cabin should go. Otherwise, you can ask your cabin steward. They've opened them for me.

I have read a lot about whether or not Extended Aft Balcony Dividers can be removed for the duration of the cruise...What actually is the truth? We are cruising on the Carnival Freedom soon and another couple is right next to us and we would like to know how we can remove the partition/divider so we have one large balcony?

Our Cruise Sales Consultant sent this email when asked by me about the connecting balconies:

"I just spoke with Carnival and the representative advised me that your cabins would have inter-connecting balconies."

True or not?

Thanks!

We had aft balconies on Glory last October. Our friends were in the adjacent stateroom. The divider could be opened but it does not open completely, basically just a doorway opening. Just ask your steward to open it for you. Be sure to check when you book if the neighboring balcony can be opened to yours as some have permanent structural dividers (personal experience factor here). Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived