1st Cruise and confused - Help :)

Cor28

Hi folks,

Well I am slightly confused and very new to all this. I have booked my cruise through Virgin Cruises, I assumed that this meant we were flying Virgin to Barbados. I then get my online P&O summary and we are in fact flying Thomas Cook. I check the Thomas Cook website and they dont fly Gatwick to Barbados? Mmmm. I know it is just me being stupid here and there is an explanation. Just bit confused...

Hi Cor28

You're not stupid- Virgin Cruises and Virgin Atlantic operate as almost totally different companies within the Virgin brand.

And even if Thomas Cook don't to Barbados for their own customers, P&O charter the whole aircraft just for cruise passengers (if it's Ventura or Azura then they fly about ten planes-worth to fill the ship).

Hope that helps...

Ah thank you so much, I began to think my booking was completely imagined ha. The whole point of me booking Virgin was in the hope of flying with them. We have heard friends say it is the best airline and have never flown before, so curiosity got the better of me. I then check Thomas Cook who didnt seem to fly to Barbados and I thought oh no! I have booked a phantom holiday :)

Anyways, We are going on the Ventura cruise - I believe it is the Eastern Carribean. I am very excited with planning already. :)

Thank you for the info xx

Ah thank you so much, I began to think my booking was completely imagined ha. The whole point of me booking Virgin was in the hope of flying with them. We have heard friends say it is the best airline and have never flown before, so curiosity got the better of me. I then check Thomas Cook who didnt seem to fly to Barbados and I thought oh no! I have booked a phantom holiday :)

Anyways, We are going on the Ventura cruise - I believe it is the Eastern Carribean. I am very excited with planning already. :)

Thank you for the info xx

Hi,I flew from Miami to Heathrow on Virgin Atlantic and I would never fly with them again,I paid extra to switch from British Airways because I wanted to avoid the threatened strikes and thought it would be a better flight,I believed the tv adverts. I have flown a good many times in my 70 years,but that was the worst ever,so enjoy your holiday,you havent missed anything.

Thank you very much...

I am sure the minute I get to Barbados the flight will be a distant memory haha. As long as it gets me there safe and sound I will be VERY happy.

Thank you for your post. :)

Similar to Mary, I also flew out of Gatwick to Barbados in February, November and will be doing the same trip on 5th March, all flights were/are with Thomas Cook. I must say, the flights have been excellent. I flew with Virgin last year to Las Vegas, the flight was okay, nothing special, the Thomas Cook flights were just as good, if not better.

Terry

We allways fly the TC flight to barbados. But if I remember correct when it was the ash Cloud especially -- there were some pax that paid extra </or similar and did fly with Virgin .

but hey had problems in Ash cloud -similar/to the effect - that TC postboned their flights as Pax could not disembark -- ect 0- but the Virgin flight went ahead --which meant the people had to be put up in Hotels etc as the main bulk of passangers where still on the ship.

The thing I do remmeber though is if you fly Virgin --you have to get your own baggage at airport .. rather than it just turning up outside you door lol

The big advantage of flying with a scheduled airline, one of them anyway, is that you can fly out a few days early and enjoy some sun before joining the cruise, which is what we are doing in March. Our flight is free, apart from tax, as we have used airmiles.

Alternatively you can stay a few days at the end It gives a greater degree of flexibility.

Archived