Beach Tent for Baby

MelMazz

Hi!

We'll be cruising twice this year with my son. He'll be 11 months for the 1st cruise and then 1 1/2 on cruise #2. We'll be cruising to beach spots, and I see many people suggest bringing a UV protection tent. I've looked around and am wondering if anyone here can recommend a particular brand that's easy to transport, effective, etc.

...or do you think it's better to just find a beach that has umbrella rentals? I just want to make sure my little one is protected. :) Thanks!

Sun protective swim suit (shirt & shorts) from Target or Land's End plus sunscreen & staying in the shade as much as possible should work. The beach tent is great for naps though if you choose to bring it - and all the ones I've had fold flat and have a strap to make carrying easy.

Best,

Mia

Agree with swim suits with SPF. Baby Banz is one brand with SPF50, for example. Also look at suits that are described as "rash guards." We plan to have our son wearing longish swim shorts/trunks and a 3/4 sleeve rash guard top. We're very fair skinned.

We are traveling with our 10 month old in March. I did a lot of research and ended up ordering the Gengi Sports Pop Up Family Beach Tent and Sunshelter off of Amazon for $40. It is lightweight and compact and comes in a nice over the shoulder travel case. It will be nice to not have to search for umbrellas and pay each time for a rental. It will also fit the adults so that we will always have an escape from the sun if needed!!

When he is 11 months, he will be relatively unable to move around, so the tent would be great. At 18 months it will be very different. He will most likely be walking/running and will want to explore everything. I would suggest the full bathing suit, a hat and sunscreen. It will be hard to contain him in a tent.

Archived