Questions from newbie

canadiansue

Good morning...we are booked on the Grand in Feb., and we have a few questions if you could help us?:)

1) Is there bottled water available? Is it free, or sold? Can we bring our own on board?

2) Do the cabins have their own a/c controls to set the temp.?

3)Are the dinning rooms/inside public areas chilly, or warm?

4) are the cabins quiet...or can you hear people in the hallway/next door?

I'm sure that I'll have a few more questions before we leave....but I'll start with those! Thanks

1. You can buy bottled water on board. (Not cheap). You can bring on bottled water. Also, the tap water is excellent. It is purer than most bottled water.

2. Yes, a/c controls in each cabin.

3. Public rooms tend to be cool. My wife always has a sweater with her.

4. We rarely hear any noise from next door or the hall.

I agree with what Paul said - especially ref the water. From what many others have said over the years the filtration system on the ship makes the water better than what you find in bottled water.

We have never been warm in the cabin, but we've never been cold either - and we've done Alaska and the Caribbean.

We'll see you onboard the Grand on the 14th.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We find the public rooms to be on the warm side, and the A/C to be barely adequate.

As for noise, there is the occasional short-lived noise from the hallway. We've yet to hear a noise from the cabins next door. This trip, we had loud neighbors on both sides--although we never heard them from their cabins, we could hear them in our cabin when they were on their balconies. Didn't bother us, but people might want to remember that what's said on the balconies isn't necessarily private!

1. As others have said, the Princess tap water is very good and I wouldn't bother bringing your own on board. We often purchase one liter bottle of water in our cabin. Keep it in the fridge and refill during the cruise. We also bring a couple of smaller water bottles for on deck.
  2. You have control of heating and cooling in your cabin. We have always been able to adjust to be comfortable.
  3. My DW has found the public areas to be on the cooler side and always keeps a sweater or shawl handy.
  4. We have not had a problem with noise while in our cabin. Difficult to hear the PA system announcement in the hallway. You can hear noise while out on you balcony but hasn't been an issue with us.

Also, the tap water is excellent. It is purer than most bottled water.

I find the cabin tap water to have an off taste. However,

the lido water dispensers have taste filters, so I simply fill

my water bottle there. Bonus: I can start with half ice!

Discouraged (and sometimes there are signs) to fill up water bottles in the buffet because it can contaminate the spout.

I find the cabin tap water to have an off taste. However,

the lido water dispensers have taste filters, so I simply fill

my water bottle there. Bonus: I can start with half ice!

Archived