Hotel at Miami Airport with shuttle to Port?

New2Cruise10

We are cruising in Apr with party of 10. We are arriving late the night before the cruise and so plan to stay at a hotel near MIA. Any good suggestion of hotels nearby the airport, preferrably with shuttle service from airport to hotel.

Also, since we have 10, is it better to take the taxi the next morning to the port of Miami? or do you know any hotels by MIA that have shuttles to the Port?

Someone suggested Embassy Suites at MIA has shuttle to the port but it is >$200 per night. that's totally out of my price range! :P

La Quinta East near MIA offers free airport shuttles and also free shuttle service to POM, but gets mixed reviews. :o

Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA(Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab -- with 10+bags you'll need 3 cabs. :(

Hotels west of MIA in the Doral area can be even cheaper, but the cost for cabs to POM will rise and could wipe out your savings. :eek:

Good luck! :)

Thanks JohninDC!

I will def. look into La Quinta East. for one night all I care about is cleaniness and price. We are arriving really late (10pm) so not much time to do any shopping. We will probably just check out the next morning and head straight to the port.

We have 10 but 4 are little kids so hopefully we don't have 10+ bags...but we will have car seats, strollers, etc which means we might still need 3 cabs, lol.

Car seats are the law for cabs in Miami - tip your driver a little extra for the time he will spend installing the seats. For some reason they are not required in shuttle vans :confused:; sure glad mine are grown and beyond that stage! Have a good cruise! :)

We were going to stay at the La Quinta Inn East but decided to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon and i'm glad we did.. it was a great hotel. . shuttle from airport was painless .. we didn't do their shuttle to the port I booked a shuttle on our own because we wanted to be to the port sooner than their shuttle was leaving.. it was $10 bucks per person. . their breakfast was also very good. I would recommend them. :D

We were going to stay at the La Quinta Inn East but decided to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon and i'm glad we did.. it was a great hotel. . shuttle from airport was painless .. we didn't do their shuttle to the port I booked a shuttle on our own because we wanted to be to the port sooner than their shuttle was leaving.. it was $10 bucks per person. . their breakfast was also very good. I would recommend them. :D

We booked La Quinta Inn East...what prompt you to change to Hampton Inn?

I've booked rooms at Courtyard Miami Airport West/Doral. They have an airport shuttle, and I booked a pre-cruise package which includes breakfast for two and transfers to POM. Cost is $139

It only has mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but I figure it's just for one night. I think it got three stars. I have a Marriott rewards card, so I got a second room for free.

We booked La Quinta Inn East...what prompt you to change to Hampton Inn?

Hampton Inn and the Blue Lagoon area in general is much nicer than LQ East and its surroundings, with many more shopping and dining options within walking distance -- if you go there, try Casa Juan for great and inexpensive Cuban food ( a place full of locals is always a good sign! :D).

Good luck! :)

Archived