Sapphire 7 day coastal cruise..which sailing???

aggiejade

Trying to decide which date to sail...9/24/11, 10/1/11 or 4/28/12. I would like input from those who are familiar with weather in Santa Barbara and especially San Francisco. Is there less fog around one of these months? I live near San Diego so am familiar with weather in So Cal. Also I understand Sapphire is going to drydock in Jan 2012, any opinions on whether you would take the cruise before or after refurbishments? Does anyone know what refurbishments are being done? Any other helpful info about this cruise/ship would also be greatly appreciated. I've never sailed on Princess before.

Thanks in advance!

Trying to decide which date to sail...9/24/11, 10/1/11 or 4/28/12. I would like input from those who are familiar with weather in Santa Barbara and especially San Francisco. Is there less fog around one of these months? I live near San Diego so am familiar with weather in So Cal. Also I understand Sapphire is going to drydock in Jan 2012, any opinions on whether you would take the cruise before or after refurbishments? Does anyone know what refurbishments are being done? Any other helpful info about this cruise/ship would also be greatly appreciated. I've never sailed on Princess before.

Thanks in advance!

Sept and Oct is typically the best time in SF....nice temps and less fog. We lived in the Bay area and worked in SF for 20 years prior to moving to Southern Nevada. We are booked on the 10/1 sailing and have done several coastal cruises. Always exciting sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge into SF.

Archived