May 16th Marina Athens to Barcelona Gay Roll Call

Hi Gang

We are booked on the Marina for the May 16 Athens to Barcelona cruise. Looking for other gays on the cruise. We have sailed Crystal and (sorry to admit it) Carnival (thumbs down). This will be our first Ocenia cruise and we are totally excited. Have been following the Marina maiden voyage boards. The experience sounds exquisite.

Let us know if you're out there and will be joining us.

We are two gay women - mid 50's live in SF and love to laugh and travel.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

My partner and I ( a retired male couple) have cruised on Oceania several times in the Caribbean, and have enjoyed the experience immensely. We will be embarking on the Marina on May 26 in Barcelona. (the day you disembark.) I am excited about our upcoming cruise, and I am sure you will also have a great time

Hi Howandhal

We are so sorry you won't be on our cruise. We would enjoy meeting you. Do you have any recommendations for us on Oceania? We've been on a Crystal cruise and found most of the passengers were very gay friendly. We are hearing the same is true for Oceania. Do you agree? Are there Friends of Dorothy gatherings and if so, are they worth attending?

We also are looking at setting up several private shore excursions - would you recommend opening up participation in these excursions to the general roll call?

We wish you both a wonderful cruise. If you'd like us to send suggestions based on our cruise, we'd be happy to.

Warm regards

Sheila and Deb

Hi Sheila and Deb:

My partner is quite outgoing, and with his "gaydar" on the relatively small Oceania ships was able to introduce himself to virtually all the gay and lesbian cruisers. My recollection is that there were not huge numbers of gays and lesbians, but those that we met were pleasant to be with (as were many of the straight people.) I cannot say for sure if there were official FOD meetings.

We generally "do our own thing" in port, so I cannot advise re: excursions,

Best wishes,

Howard (and Hal)

Archived